276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tamiya 87089 Airbrush Cleaner 250ml, 87089

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This grease is for use in maintenance of the trigger button stem, its viscosity ensures smooth and controlled movement of the trigger and paint application. Found there was a blob of paint very visible on the needle part way through spraying, 2 parts paint 1 part X20 thinners 20 psi. You can use it as a thinner too but it doesnt have the retarder in it like Tamiyas own thinners does , so its best to use their own stuff for thinning . even the paint reservoir and a cotton bud took some effort, doesnt look like it did when it was brand new just prior to this test.

These cheap cleaners remove dry, caked on Tamiya Acrylics with ease and my Evolution AB spends a fair amount of time in cleaner cos I forget to clean it after use. These range from name brand products made by the same companies that make airbrushes and airbrush paint, to run of the mill household items that you probably already have under the sink or in the garage. I always keep a cotton bud dipped in X-20a handy when spraying Tamiyas and use it to remove the paint build up at the nozzle.I’ve seen people use lots of different stuff including Windex and Simple Green, for cleaning airbrushes. Finally, before I start spraying a new colour, I always remove the needle to check if there is any dried residue on the needle. While you can certainly use other cleaning agents in your airbrush, I like good ‘ol windshield washer fluid the best because it’s cheap and you can find it almost anywhere. Using windshield washer fluid as an airbrush cleaner will save you a TON of money over the long haul.

But nowadays many companies dealing in the plastic scale modeling business have brought their own versions of extra thin cement.Now and then, depending on how much painting I am doing, I will remove the spray head and clean it out using an airbrush cleaning small wire brush. If you use Windex, make sure that you wash it out thoroughly, as the ammonia can damage the chrome in the a/b. The original Extra Thin cement usually takes a couple of minutes to set and hours to days to completely cure.

If you leave the glued parts alone long enough before handling them again, the bond is very strong and it is in fact almost impossible to cleanly separate them again. now to clean it, first used water for blow though then X20, and when put x20 in had bubbles lots, bubbling back into cup and spewing out the x20. Although it is a quick-setting cement, it still allows for some minor alignment corrections after the cement is applied.

Airbrushes are becoming a very popular “must have” among the miniature painter crowd and for anyone new to the practice of airbrushing models there are usually a lot of questions to go along with that. Of course, it is not always possible to do it this way but the method works fine for fuselage halves which are sometimes prone to this problem. Quite simply, you can use a generic brand of automobile windshield washer fluid as an airbrush cleaning fluid and it will cost you pennies compared to the name brand cleaners. Ethyl acetate is hotter than butyl acetate when it comes to melting plastic and also evaporates much more quickly. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

I also keep a cotton bud soaked in x-20a to dab on the needle and flush through with either Badger or Creative Model Airbrush Cleaner, these unclog. I squirt a bit of this into the airbrush paint cup between color chang4es and run it through, then a bit of distilled water (you don’t have to use distilled water, but where I live the water is very hard and stains/scales up everything so I use distilled). The name brand products like Medea Airbrush Cleaner and Vallejo Airbrush Cleaner tend to be the default cleaners that everyone assumes are necessary. I personally prefer the Quick Setting version because the original sometimes takes too long to cure and therefore is prone to cause ghost seam lines if the model is assembled too quickly.I build too slow and prefer the old slow Testor’s Liquid Cement in a Tamiya bottle most of the time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment