276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Green Witch: Your Complete Guide to the Natural Magic of Herbs, Flowers, Essential Oils, and More (Green Witch Witchcraft Series)

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Listened to many books like this one but this one is moving towards intermediate witchery which makes it better than all the other books that flame to be witchery but fail and clearly being an intro with not much new to add. Kitchen witches and hedge witches observe similar practices, and, indeed, sometimes people use these terms interchangeably with green witchcraft. Before we launch into a full examination of what constitutes the modern green witch’s path, let’s take a look at kitchen witchery and hedge magic and see how they are similar to and how they differ from one another.

Thus began a shameful chapter of witch persecution and execution through the 16th and 17th centuries (think: the Salem witch trials). The trick is to recognize the presence of green energy as it exists in the world today, to learn how to see it as it still operates. In fact, in terms of the spiritual side of things, it's made abundantly clear that there are no prerequisites to being a green witch other than to believe in the natural spiritual energy of the world around us: an abstract concept which most people believe anyway. These are witches that use their power to harness the energy of the natural sources around them, communing with plants and wildlife. I am thoroughly enjoying reading it and feel like it's a great start for someone wanting to learn more about natural healing.I liked that it was not a rigid manual, but rather an orientation to shape practices that feel comfortable for everyone. White witches use practical magic focused on the greater good and green witches focus efforts on the natural energy of the flora of the earth. Green witchcraft is not a practice separate from ordinary life, like ritual magic, for example; it is an all-encompassing, total-immersion experience wherein all of life is a magical experience. We don’t need to remove or reverse modern innovation and give up our sidewalks and television sets and computers.

And I have little faith that, once you get there (if you could), it won't be the same appropriation filled eclectic nonsense as every other Neopagan book on the market. It’s likely the spiritual ancestors of modern green witches who chose to live apart from the center of community life. However, the green witch also knows that to lump them all together means that we sometimes forget the more individual emphasis each deserves. As an Eclectic Solitary Witch I tend to read a wide variety of witchcraft topics, and I did find this to be insightful, so I suppose I would recommend it to fellow Eclectics as well.They use herbs and other natural materials in their spells and practices, and they often have a strong connection to the earth. Personalised advertising may be considered a “sale” or “sharing” of information under California and other state privacy laws, and you may have a right to opt out.

The icing on the cake is truly them saying that "This yearning [for the simpler time of the past] isn’t nostalgia, which is a longing for an airbrushed memory. We’re all different kinds of people with various beliefs, but if this resonates with your soul then take the time to explore these ideas more deeply. like stepping ginger for a headache or learning about various moons and how each one effects us differently. We can decry the general mistreatment of our planet’s water supply, but local action often has more of an immediate effect on our environment than demonstrating in front of an office tower. I've been looking for something less ceremonial and this has been a perfect transition away from the wicca centric books.

The beginning was so basic with sentences stating to be kind to nature and it will be kind back or love yourself before helping others. I will definitely keep and look back on this book for the interesting recipes and mixtures it suggests, but you won’t find me blessing stones or praying to incense.

What I seem to have gotten is a book that she says the phrase “green witch” like a 30 times every paragraph! Hearth witchery often involves focusing on objects and rituals used around the home, like herbalism, candle magic, and ritual cleaning. They seek to change energies by using their knowledge rather than just telling you that Scorpios are secretive! When you think of the classic wisewoman on the edge of town who was visited for love charms and healing potions, you have a pretty decent idea of what a hedge witch is. Witchcraft itself is a practice that involves the use of natural energies as an aid to accomplishing a task or reaching a goal.When we use the phrase the green witch tradition, we do not refer to an unbroken line of initiates or an established body of lore. Beyond encouraging folks with minimal understanding and undeveloped intuition to just "see what feels right", the book was rife with cultural and spiritual appropriation.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment