276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shattered Vows: An Arranged Marriage Standalone Romance (Tarnished Empire)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

NOTE: SHATTERED VOWS contains scenes of graphic violence that may not be suitable for more sensitive readers. A group of 6 powerful beings, Riva and 5 guys, are held captive by a secret and mysterious organization who conducts tests and intense training on them. The 6 of them form a strong unbreakable bound that ties them together. That is.. until Riva breaks that bound. Jase makes for the perfect book boyfriend. He's sweet, protective and loyal to his friends. And he has some mad skills; some from the military, some in accounting, some in restoring a special car. That isn't even touching on his skill and care as a lover. Yes, there will be some steamy scenes in this book. He is so unbelievably tender with people. Well, at least those who aren't trying to hurt Molly that is. It didn't take long before I was definitely Team Jase being with Molly. I just wondered how they were going to get there and how much pain it was going to take. But the bad was pretty bad, we are talking poisoning the fmc (I mean they are superhuman) and healing her when it gets too bad to prevent her from escaping. The story itself is pretty good, but I did want the fmc to be a little more aggressive with the men, in terms of her just letting them get away with soo much. He draws her into a complex dream in which she has to find a way to forget when she ultimately has to return home.

Ready yourself and venture into the most dangerous place of all – the more hellish shadows of the world, places where Mephisto’s hatred has left lingering traces. Enter the nightmare. Thrive” by Shain Rose is another interesting friends-to-lovers romance in the Stonewood Brothers series of novels that can be read as a standalone.Feel free to invite some friends to join our Round Table community!http://www.goodreads.com/group/invite_members/26989-goodreads-authors-readers You cannot expect me to have a friends-to-enemies-to-lovers reverse harem and expect me to be okay. I am not okay. What I am is in dire need of the sequel! There is not much of a cliffhanger, but it definitely leads to a new path for them by how the books ends, and I'm excited to see how the author chose to continue the series and like I said I'm hoping that the men that's dead is not actually dead.

She vows that she is done with him and will never fall for him again. Jax had lost himself to her the day he had saved her. Aubrey Whitfield was to be nothing more than the younger sister of his best friend. When she isn't writing, she's spending the days with Doc G, Liv and Gray Gray, and their wild golden retriever. She and Doc G drink way too much coffee, eat way too much candy, and fight like they've been married for hmm how long has it been now? The book was well paced; there was enough there for me to become emotionally invested in Jase and Molly, but not so much that I became frustrated by the amount of time it took for things to progress or that the warm fuzzies I get from Romance novels were outweighed by the discomfort of anxiety and/or annoyance.

Develop

As the group grow closer to their end-goal bonds will need to be reaffirmed and allegiances cemented. Riva will also be driven to the brink as she discovers that the boys she once loved with all of her heart don’t hold her in the same regard. Note: Our suggestions on which are easiest to complete will be marked by an asterisk* for when you do not have to complete all of them. Chapter 1 Of all the guys, he’s SO despicably awful. I know he’s supposed to be the rough, “cranky” one of the group but Riva is supposed to still LIKE him? After he takes enjoyment digging through her body and TWISTING UP HER VEINS, we’re supposed to believe Riva wanting to kill herself magically changed his mind about her? It feels like a scramble to get things moving positive for book 2, and was jarring. I know Riva is going to forgive them and fall into bed with them, that’s just how these stories go, but I don’t think any amount of groveling would make up for getting enjoyment out of telepathically twisting up her insides. And I know there’s a short available from his POV during the train scene but I can’t describe how much I don’t want or care about that. The 180 spin on his attitude is grating. There were several points in the story where my heart ached, especially towards the end. I won’t go into detail to avoid spoilers, but I’m very curious to see how the dynamic evolves in the second book. There is some serious groveling to be done.

I liked the way the story was set up, and that we got to see the group before and after the moment that everything went to hell. Although the guys version of events differ from Riva’s, it made it easier to understand their actions. What I loved most was the friends-to-enemies-to-lovers component. They are a group of best friends who, through a fatal event and lies, have been separated for years. When they rejoin, the bonds of friendship cannot survive the hurt, and the boys turn against the FMC in anger, believing the lies they’ve been told over the truth she brings. Because she still loves them, she puts up with their behavior, but for how long?They have formed a strong friendship and have beaten tougher odds before. But neither of them can forget that kiss as they barrel toward either disaster or love. The Author Resource Round Table on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/116489?group_id=26989

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment