276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Jolly Foul Play: A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery (A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery, 4)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I really, really do. One of the things I love about my job is that I get to push good books at people. Not, I hasten to add, literally. I do not stand on street corners pushing books. I talk to people in my libraries and I share with them the books that are just classy and good and brilliant things. Stevens is at the top of her game here, because she takes risks and makes them work in a quite wonderful fashion. This isn't the same old same old framework, resting on its laurels. Hazel and Daisy are in Hong Kong and there's a murder and a kidnap to solve. The schools themselves, and the teachers who looked after me! Shenley Brook End Secondary School, Two Mile Ash School, Hampton Junior School, Trafalgar Junior School, Burford School, Henry Box School, Heartsease Primary Academy, Norwich High School for Girls, Streatham and Clapham Prep School and Corpus Christi Catholic School. I met so many brilliant students, who asked fantastic questions and had wonderful ideas. Thank you for being such excellent audiences!

Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong have returned to Deepdean School for a new school term, but nothing is the same. There’s a new Head Girl, Elizabeth Hurst, and a team of Prefects – and these bullying Big Girls are certainly not good eggs.La risoluzione del caso è imprevedibile, ma, nel momento in cui si è capito tutto, ho in effetti notato che c'erano degli indizi all'inizio che potevano far capire il vero colpevole. You’ll never guess what happened – or perhaps you will, because I think it really is true what you said once, that mystery follows us around. There’s been another murder at our school. Or at least, someone has died. I absolutely loved the sixth entry in the series. It's an A for me, so five stars here. In this book Hazel and Daisy go far away from their English boarding school, all the way to Hong Kong. Hazel's grandfather has died, and though she will miss the funeral (travel by ship from England to Hong Kong does take awhile), she will be there to mourn with her family. And of course, Daisy goes along with Hazel. Robin was born in California and grew up in an Oxford college, across the road from the house where Alice in Wonderland lived. She has been making up stories all her life.

Il nuovo trimestre è appena, ma Daisy e Hazel capiscono subito che qualcosa è cambiato. C’è una nuova caposcuola, Elizabeth, che tiranneggia le altre ragazze. Dopo il falò della notte però Elizabeth viene trovata morta. È stato un incidente? Come faranno Daisy e Hazel a risolvere il mistero ora che la loro amicizia è in crisi? Do you see why I think we may have a new mystery to investigate? The other girls in our dorm, Kitty, Beanie and Lavinia, will help me and Daisy – but I wishit would be useful to have the Junior Pinkertons on the case as well. Will you and George help as well?She spent her teenage years at Cheltenham Ladies’ College, reading a lot of murder mysteries and hoping that she’d get the chance to do some detecting herself (she didn’t). She then went to university, where she studied crime fiction, and then worked at a children's publisher. Hazel and Daisy are going to Hong Kong! And you can already guess that their visit will be much more than what they came for! The third mystery in the bestselling Murder Most Unladylike series; just like the iconic Agatha Christie, Hazel and Daisy have boarded the Orient Express!

Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2022-03-01 14:07:58 Bookplateleaf 0002 Boxid IA40294409 Camera Sony Alpha-A6300 (Control) Collection_set printdisabled External-identifier Questa volta siamo ad Hong Kong, e non più in Gran Bretagna, e questo cambiamento si è visto non solo nei luoghi e nelle tradizioni cinesi, ma anche nel capovolgimento del rapporto fra le due investigatrici: è Hazel ad essere la vera protagonista, solo lei parla e capisce il cantonese, e Daisy si ritrova, suo malgrado, ad essere la spalla.

Follow us

urn:lcp:jollyfoulplay0000stev_j8j9:lcpdf:0db8f364-48ce-4c7e-8186-5584663aded9 Foldoutcount 0 Identifier jollyfoulplay0000stev_j8j9 Identifier-ark ark:/13960/s2ffr9q079p Invoice 1652 Isbn 9780141369693 Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong are taking a holiday on the world-famous Orient Express - and it's clear that each of their fellow first-class passengers has something to hide. The relocation means that, for once, it's Daisy who's out of her depth and trying to figure out the ways of the world. It's deliciously done, without ever disempowering her, and can I tell you how difficult an act that is? To write and to never, ever, not even once, devalue nor disempower character? It's a rare, rare thing and one that is kind of beautiful and wonderful to read. It also speaks a lot about Stevens' trust in this series and her work. She doesn't mess this up, not once. Hazel is wonderful throughout, providing an introduction to her home city of Hong Kong and the intricacies of dim sum even as she's wrestling with the thought that she is, herself, a suspect. Book Genre: Childrens, Crime, Fiction, Historical, Historical Fiction, Middle Grade, Mystery, Young Adult Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong have returned to Deepdean School for a new school term, but nothing is the same. There’s a new Head Girl, Elizabeth Hurst, and a team of Prefects – and these bullying Big Girls are certainly not good eggs. Then, after the fireworks display on Bonfire Night, Elizabeth is found – murdered. Many girls at Deepdean had reason to hate Elizabeth, but who might have committed such foul play? Could the murder be linked to the secrets and scandals, scribbled on scraps of paper, that are suddenly appearing around the school? And with their own friendship falling to pieces, how will Daisy and Hazel solve this mystery?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment