276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Avon Little Black Dress Eau de Perfume Spray 50 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is a sophisticated, multi-faceted fragrance which unfolds slowly and leaves a fantastic trail. There is much that is interesting to smell, even if I don't love it all. This not a cheap or cynical effort, this is Guerlain maintaining its tradition of classical perfumery. I find that obvious now that I've smelled so much mediocrity in the last 10 years. I love the idea of sour cherries alongside almond and tonka with soft spices like licorice and anise. In practice it smells like buying gourmet licorice in an old fashioned candy store. The sweet gourmand cough syrup of my dreams, hehe. For me this is cherry up top- it hits hard and acidic and becomes cherry cough syrup before clouding over with almond sparkles.

Little Black Dress Eau de Parfum 50ml | Perfume | AVON UK

I can't be mad at Guerlain for this. They have to follow trends if they want to survive, and if this means a sugar overdose because this is what people love, they'll do it. Maybe I'm a bit too old-fashioned for all this. If only they toned down the sweetness a bit, I'd have already bought LPRN. The first time I tried this was in an airport duty free shop right before I boarded a long flight home. I couldn't smell anything, which was odd, but the person sitting next to me sure smelled good. I considered asking him if it was his or his girlfriend's fragrance, but they didn't speak my language and I didn't speak theirs, so I let it go. And then... later when I walked down the aisle and passed a flight attendant I noticed her perfume was that same deliciousness I smelled on the people sitting next to me. Oh! It was me. But I could only smell that vivid cherry when the air around me moved. I sniffed my arm, but got nothing. I like the way both spray methods smell. Maybe the difference is actually just my imagination because I didn't do any scientific experiment? Oh well it's what I'm getting. Lol.I refer to the EDP version. This is my favorite "afternoon" perfume - for a coffee with a friend, for a walk and shopping in the city, for a casual date with my husband. They are too strong to wear them in the office (unless really a few drops), but too weak for the evening.

Little Black Dress The Dress Avon perfume - a fragrance for

The heart notes are then almost completely overpowered by that strange and bitter-sweet smell that only licorice has and also a bitter tea note. I hardly smell any rose and it seems like more of an afterthought, to be honest. It makes me think of the drink arak from both Jordan and Lebanon. La Petite Robe Noire was released, initially, in 2009, as a limited edition. In 2011, another edition was presented to the public under the name of La Petite Robe Noire 2. I don't know how a fragrance house can make me semi-psychotic about getting a bottle of almost cherry-flavoured medicine, but Guerlain win that particular trophy. The performance of this fragrance is amazing. I find it lasts 10+ hours and projects quite a bit for 4-6 hours and the scent trail is delicious. It doesn't need a heavy spray to get that performance, but I do like to add an extra couple sprays when I wear it for a night out. I did overspray it one time...and it was not good...way too much. I personally found this scent quite cloying and slightly overpowering and it made me sneeze and have a headache. I'm really not into gourmand fragrances at all and i don't like scents that are spicy and/or super sweet... La Petite Robe Noire is both of those things...The house of Guerlain launched an exclusive and limited edition La Petite Robe Noire in February 2009. In February 2011, it also presented the second limited edition of the line—La Petite Robe Noire 2. In early 2012, Guerlain decides to relaunch the debut and to offer the fragrance to a broad market. The new La Petite Robe Noire is modified, developed by the in-house perfumer Thierry Wasser. I do think this is similar to Lolita Lempika, but to my nose doing a side by side comparison LL is heavier. LL is musky and the anise is much more prominent, I think the licorice note in LPRN is sweeter. They are both powdery, but LL is a heavy powder compared to a much lighter more delicate powder in LPRN. To me they could be sisters with totally different personalities. LL being the older edgier sister, dark and brooding, with a very loud personality, where LPRN is the brighter, happier, sweet younger sister with a very even temperament. It's a smoky sweet sour cherry scent with licorice, tonka bean... I love it. I could bath myself in it. When this came out I couldn't deal with the sweet and gourmand facets, and basically ignored it. Now that I've found an-almost full 50 ml bottle in a thrift shop, it's interesting to re-assess LPRN since all the fuss has died down.

Little Black Dress Eau de Perfume Spray and Perfumed Avon Little Black Dress Eau de Perfume Spray and Perfumed

I think I prefer this to BP, BP doesn't last nearly as long or as potent as this does with my skin chemistry. The leather is an elegant touch but it's a much softer alternative to the original. To be perfectly honest, they both smell SO similar you wouldn't really know the difference without having them side by side! I wouldn't recommend this fragrance to everyone, I love the smell of licorice, but I know some people don't. I say, give it a try, for me it's a comforting super cozy scent, everyone I know like it. It has a good projection, I can wrap myself in it and the longevity is great, powerful 6-10 hours, I can still smell it more than 24h on my skin. Sort of reminds me of a not so sweet potpourri - which also sort of reminds me of the department store haha. The result is a fragrance, which is more gourmand than floral, even though brings gorgeous shades of roses. And although the evolution of a feminine perfume is always different on the skin of a woman than a man, unfortunately, I thought it was just too much going on in this composition. It is very sweet, it takes a lot to evolve and has a very strong appearance of syrup, which only started to fade away after about 3 hours of application.So, as far as almonds go. Not a huge fan of the smell, nor eating them. Maybe I am an enigma. I don't like how they taste as a nut, or how they are as a milk, and I have not liked almond fragrances. The bottles of La Petite Robe Noire collection are replicas of the classical vials of the house, such as L'Heure Bleue. The dress print has been altered so that each of the past three bottles shows a different shape of this clothing. The animated ad campaign was created by French artists Olivier Kuntzel and Florence Deygas. Don't get me wrong, I like quite a few gourmands. And I'm capable of enjoying something very sweet, occasionally - Angel Eau Sucrée is the sweetest of all in my collection, but I can't handle anything sweeter than this. And here is my honest point of view : LPRN is too sweet for me. Much too sweet. I am having the hardest time articulating my thoughts about Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (EDP). I really like it, that I know for sure. Every time I take a big sniff of my wrists I have a split second where I think I can smell every single individual note, but then the second passes and I can't smell every note, just a wonderful blend of them: cherry, almond, licorice, tea, vanilla, rose, tonka bean, patchouli, iris, etc.

Little Black Dress Eau de Parfum - 100ml | Perfume | AVON UK

Predominantly, this is a fruity gourmand. Veeeery small amount of floral. It's also super-synthetic, but in the best possible way.The base notes are then almost completely overshadowed by the strong, harsh and spicy smell of anise and I hardly get any of the vanilla that could have made this scent smell so much better. I also get too much of a sweet and almondy smell from the tonka bean and it is just not my favorite. I again don't smell any of the other notes during the drydown as well. Tony Shades: the powdery notes are actually listed. The most common notes that make a fragrance powdery are Iris (often listed as Orris root, as it is the root that is used for natural Iris), and violet. Perfumes with lots of purple flowers are almost always powdery. Another note that is often powdery is rose. There are two types of Roses in this fragrance, so it’s unsurprising that this fragrance is powdery especially in combination with the Iris. Obviously there are other notes that can make a fragrance powdery, but these are the most common ones by my (limited knowledge). Hope this helps 😊

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment