276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Edward Scissorhands Volume 1: Parts Unknown

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Tim Burton’s bittersweet fantasy stars Johnny Depp as the unfortunate, unfinished creation of a scientist (Vincent Price in one of his last on-screen roles) who died leaving him with blades for hands. Taken in by Dianne Wiest’s kindly Avon lady Peg, Edward tries to adapt to suburban life. But despite the support of Peg’s sympathetic daughter (Winona Ryder), his strangeness makes it impossible to fit in. A touching and terrifically staged fairytale. Edward Scissorhands has to be one of my favourite Tim Burton characterse/movies of all time, so when I was browsing through NetGalley and saw that there was a graphic novel coming out soon I was beyond excited. I have a new found love for graphic novels and mashing that up with one of my favourite movie characters of all time was the perfect mix to capture my attention. Matthew Bourne’s magical dance production of Edward Scissorhands has carved a place in the hearts of audiences world-wide since its premiere in 2005. Edward Scissorhands is a 1990 American fantasy gothic romance film [4] directed by Tim Burton. It was produced by Burton and Denise Di Novi, written by Caroline Thompson from a story by her and Burton, and starring Johnny Depp, Winona Ryder, Dianne Wiest, Anthony Michael Hall, Kathy Baker, Vincent Price, and Alan Arkin. It tells the story of an unfinished artificial humanoid who has scissor blades instead of hands that is taken in by a suburban family and falls in love with their teenage daughter.

I was almost to the cash register when I decided that I had to get it. It would be the perfect present for my husband. And if we didn't like it we just wouldn't buy the next one. The story was good, but something about it wasn’t totally satisfying. Maybe the ending was too abrupt for my tastes, I’m not sure. Anyway, it was nice to see how things were going for Edward, but there was a touch of sadness to it all. His seclusion all this time, him missing Kim, etc. I love Edward as a character, and always have, so my heart kinda of broke for him a few times while reading this. The tour opens at Theatre Royal Plymouth on Monday 20 November and runs until Saturday 25 November before going to The Lowry, Salford, ahead of a seven-week Christmas Season at Sadler’s Wells, London. La storia è ambientata ben due generazioni dopo le vicende narrate nel film e, invece di Kim, abbiamo come personaggio principale Megan, sua nipote. Overall, it was fun to have a chance to revisit Edward Scissorhands, but I am on the fence as to whether or not this hooked me enough to read another installment. This book is probably okay for middle grade on up, but younger or sensitive readers may find Eli scary and be upset by the blood and/or the language (sacrilegious).Edward Scissorhands". Box Office Mojo. Archived from the original on 2008-12-19 . Retrieved 2008-12-02. For school bookings, please call Group Sales on 0844 338 7000* for more information and to book now! CONCESSIONS FOR PATRONS WITH DISABILITIES Non sono riuscita ad empatizzare molto con i personaggi, forse per troppo attaccamento alla pellicola, ma devo dire che se da un lato è positivo che la storia scorra velocemente, dall’altro tralascia un po’ di approfondimento necessario per affezionarsi ai protagonisti. Edward Scissorhands movie review and film summary". RogerEbert.com. 7 December 1990 . Retrieved 3 December 2021.

The artwork has a lovely strangeness to it, and the color palette created the perfect tone for each of the panels!

Watch the film

a b c Armitage, Hugh (December 12, 2015). "25 amazing Edward Scissorhands facts on the film's 25th birthday". Digital Spy. Archived from the original on March 23, 2016 . Retrieved May 22, 2016. Kate and Drew are very clear about how this series is not a sequel to Tim Burton's Edward but more a homage to Burton's Edward, who they both clearly adore, in character and visually.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment