276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gunson G4074 Colortune Single Plug Kit 14mm

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With Colortune installed in a warm engine and the engine running at idle speed, a regular flash of light, with a Bunsen blue flame, should be visible as the mixture is ignited in the cylinder. Combustion at its most efficient produces a clear blue flame, various other colours result from inefficient mixtures. A twin choke carburettor that has both throttle plates in one casting does not usually progressive opening. Inside an internal combustion engine those same coloured flames are present though not normally seen.

When maximum power is demanded (at full throttle position) it is normal to again have a slightly richer mixture, at most engine speeds there will be a yellow flame. IIRC motorcycle spark plugs often have a threaded end which takes a removable nipple (dunno why, perhaps there are more than size nipple?) so I went around some motorcycle places to try and get one, and as usual got the M word (meio = I don't have, OR I can't be bothered. Go away foreigner) everywhere I tried. I suspect the Colortune might have been confusing them. The correctly proportioned mixture is - 14.7 parts of air by weight to 1 part of petrol (hydrocarbon fuel). If the throttle is opened very slowly until the engine is running at perhaps half of the maximum rated speed, the blue flame should become slightly lighter.If two twin choke carburettors are used the linkage between these must be set to achieve a synchronized opening. When there is less air in the mixture, there is not enough oxygen to complete the burning process so some carbon monoxide is not changed to carbon dioxide and hydrocarbons (unburnt fuel) may be present in the exhaust.

Deze Colertone plugset is een eenvoudige en effectieve manier om benzine/LPG 2&4-taktmotoren te tunen. Het is eenvoudig te gebruiken en werkt op het principe dat de ontstekingsvlam een bepaalde kleur heeft afhankelijke van de brandstofmenging. De Colortune is een bougie met een geïsoleerd glazen kijkvenster zodat de vlam zichtbaar is. De kleur van de vlam in de cilinder toont de rijkheid van de lucht/brandstofverhouding. Geel geeft een rijk mengsel aan, blauwig/wit een zwak mengsel en een Bunsen blauwe vlam geeft een gebalanceerd mensel aan. Door de mengschroef af te stellen om de juiste vlamkleur te krijgen, an de motor worden afgesteld op optimaal brandstofgebruik en prestaties. De set bevat ook een kijkscoop met instelbare spiegel zodat de vlam zichtbaar is als toegang tot de motor beperkt is. Past op de meeste benzinemotoren in standaard vorm met extra adapters beschikbaar voor voertuigen met bougies met alternatieve afmetingen. Here are my simplified guidelines for using the Colortune. I stand on the right side of the engine bay, holding a little mirror in one hand while adjusting the mixture nut with the other hand. On these engines limit the total test duration to 5 minutes and avoid extended running at high rpm. Colortune is available only in a short reach thread length but it may also be used in long reach applications without any problem.Colourtone is an editing app that can make your photos look exponentially better. With this app's easy-to-use interface, it just takes a couple of minutes to edit and enhance your images. Never smoke or have open flames near the vehicle. Vapours from petrol or a charging battery are highly flammable / explosive. Screw the plain end of COLORTUNE adaptor lead to the centre electrode of COLORTUNE. Care should be taken not to over-tighten it or bend the centre electrode. Despite this simplicity, the same control systems are required to achieve accurate fuel metering. Idle mixture and idle speed, are the two adjustments that may be provided on early systems. Electric generators with speed governors do not experience rapid acceleration so should have a blue flame under all operating conditions.

As described in the original post, they don't ALWAYS, ALWAYS come with one here, because I bought one a few years ago and it didn't have one, just the bare thread. The usual car plugs here don't have that type of nipple, as shown in the linked picture. Mixture is governed by the shaped bottom of the slide at lower speeds/light loads, the needle taper and position at mid speeds and the main jet size at all engine speeds when on full throttle. A high speed fuel feed and adjustment (main jet and main mixture screw) normally located closer to the inlet air cleaner mounting flange.The main fuel discharge feeds into a venturi shape, whose restriction (a fixed size choke) gives a low pressure to pull the fuel in. This is a potential hazard and the user should take every precaution to avoid any possibility of damage or injury.Determination of the quantity of air going into the engine is itself a difficult task under conditions of varying temperature, varying pressure, and with extreme disruption to the flow caused by valves opening and closing at an incredible rate. Both of the links show exactly what I described: a removable nipple which threads onto the male threaded terminal at the top of the plug, so I don't know why you're getting so het up. Stop the engine, take care to avoid hot engine parts and brush away any grit from around the spark plug before removing it. A slow speed fuel discharge and adjustment (idle jet and idle mixture screw) this is found close to the engine mounting flange and the throttle plate.The throttle uncovers extra passages (progression holes) for feeding fuel as it begins to open.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment