276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Yamaha Arius YDP-144 Digital Piano - Classic and elegant home piano for beginners or hobbyists, in black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Korg C1 Air comes with two main grand piano tones, a German grand and a Japanese grand. The Japanese grand feels very reminiscent of Yamaha’s C-series concert grands. Having worked in the music industry for over 10 years, Lucas found passion in helping others choose the most suitable music gear for them. In your opinion, is it worth replacing Casio PX-160 with Yamaha YDP-144 for the sake of sound and keyboard experience? The new CFX concert grand sound is impressive, and the powerful speakers and amplifiers really help it shine through. The YDP-164 sounds excellent, and if that’s what you’re after, it’s definitely worth considering.

Most people use pianos layered with the strings for ballad style playing, and the recorded legato strings certainly lend themselves to this idea. The damper pedal also supports half-pedaling, ensuring that you’ll get a realistic playing experience while playing.Owning a digital piano rather than an acoustic offers several benefits. Never going out of tune is one of them, and so is lower prices. If you’ve used the previous YDP-143 model, you’ll notice that the overall design hasn’t changed, (though that is certainly not a bad thing). While I’ve made my distaste for the GHS keys known in the previous section, the concert grand sounds included with this model do make up for it. Auto Power Off. Enabled by default and allows the instrument to power down automatically after 30 minutes of no operation. The body is made from particleboard, but it still feels really solid. The light matte finish also ensures that you won’t be leaving fingerprints all over the exterior.

Between the two, I’d recommend the Casio PX160 for its more realistic key action. The one thing that I’m really disappointed by YDP-143 is the GHS action. I myself started learning piano with the Yamaha P45, which has the same GHS action. I outgrown the piano pretty fast and sold it. To access more advanced features and settings, it requires a combination of buttons and piano keys. To update the YDP instrument line, Yamaha has imported their sampled flagship 9’ CFX concert grand piano with its unique and expensive tone.

The keys achieve their heightened realism through a special 3-sensor configuration (that’s what the name implies GH 3) that senses and interprets keyboard behavior to replicate the experience of playing a real digital piano. You may wonder how it is possible to have 32, 64, or even 128 notes playing at the same time, if there are only 88 keys and we never play them all at once. The club reverb is a surprising highlight, being a more intimate “room” algorithm that captures the closeness of a large grand piano in an enclosed environment. From the price and design choices, Yamaha is clearly targeting people who are looking to upgrade from their lower-end practice keyboards.

What I really think is a big advantage and very attractive feature of both digital pianos, is the Yamaha Smart Pianist App. Compare to the Pure CF on the YDP-143, the CFX is a significantly superior engine. It sounds bright and natural with far more details.Why bring that up right now? Well, the key word here is control, and the YDP-144 isn’t really the best in this department.

This results in a playing experience that is as close to a genuine acoustic piano as you could wish for. Intelligent Acoustic Control The limited number of controls means that you’ll need to access many functions by using key combinations, sometimes involving the piano keys themselves. Moreover, a good pair of headphones will provide a clearer and more detailed sound compared to the onboard speakers. The Roland F-140r features a more advanced key action, the PHA-4. It has synthetic Ivory keytops and simulated let-off effect. The playing experience is a lot more authentic, natural and expressive than the GHS on the Yamaha.Sound quality has definitely been enhanced through the YDP-line update, but overall the YDP-164 retains the exact same feature set as its predecessor, the YDP-163. Modes Looking at the Yamaha YDP-144 vs Yamaha P125 from a functions point of view, I can’t see a lot of difference either. They both have all the basic functions you would expect from a modern digital piano, without having too many bells and whistles. You can record what you play so that you can listen to it later on and take note of any mistakes that you make. This, together with other functions such as metronome are very helpful for beginners. Not so spectacular for more advanced pianists, though. Do you want to find out how it compares to a home digital piano from Casio? Read my Casio PX-870 vs Yamaha YDP-144 comparison review. Conclusion You can record up to two parts per song. This is particularly helpful when you want to record individual left- or right-hand parts for practice. You can even turn off individual recorded parts using key combinations.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment