276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dell G3 15 3000 15.6 Inch FHD Gaming Laptop (Black) Intel Core i7-8750H Processor, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB GDDR5 Graphics, Windows 10 Home

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are four configurations to choose from, with each one boasting an 8th Gen processor, ranging from i5 to i7. In terms of GPU, you’ll find a Nvidia GTX 1050 graphics card in the base model and a meatier GTX 1060 in the most expensive. You can see the UK range in the table below: Spec Dell and HP are on our list of the best laptop brands for a reason. In recent years, both of these laptop manufacturers have consistently produced some of the most well-designed machines you can buy. So it’s understandable if you’re shopping for a new laptop, and you’re having trouble deciding between these two huge, highly-rated brands. Both have a lot to offer and it can be overwhelming to sift through all of the cool features, price points, and other factors you might want to consider before purchasing a laptop from either of these manufacturers.

Dell G3 15.6 inch FHD 60Hz 300 nits IPS Anti- Glare LED

At the center of that performance is the Nvidia GTX GeForce 1050 Ti, which is solid choice for a budget gaming laptop like this one. It can be configured with either the Nvidia GTX GeForce 1050 or 1060 as well, but the 1050 Ti handles both games and benchmarks well. In 3DMark Fire Strike, the Dell G3’s 1050 Ti landed right between the 1050 and the 1060. But more importantly, games on the Dell G3 feel really snappy.

Style that intimidates

The average GPU temperature was 66.5 degrees Celsius (151.7 degrees Fahrenheit), and ran at an average of 1.2 GHz (again, this didn’t work as hard during those loading screens. It often went as high as 1.6 GHz). Productivity Performance In conclusion, the Dell G3 15 3579 scores a six in this review for its below-average storage speed. Dell G3 15 3579 Graphics Card Performance Review

Dell G3 15 (2021) Review | PCMag

Windows 10, of course, has a bunch of junk. On our review unit, that included Hotspot Shield Free VPN, Farm Heroes Saga, Candy Crush Friends Saga, Hulu and Spotify. Cinebench is often a good predictor of our Handbrake video editing trial, another tough, threaded workout that's highly CPU-dependent and scales well with cores and threads. In it, we put a stopwatch on test systems as they transcode a standard 12-minute clip of 4K video (the open-source Blender demo movie Tears of Steel) to a 1080p MP4 file. It's a timed test, and lower results are better. When viewed at an angle, the limitations of the Dell G3 15’s display become immediately noticeable. Dell G3 15 – Performance Furthermore, the Dell G3 15 3579 scored 3050 on a PCMark 10 test. Unfortunately, it was unable to surpass the 3900 average score.

Throughout the testing process, I threw a lot at the Dell G3 to discover its limit. Whenever I got too ambitious with the settings, games would immediately crash, but the hardware never became annoyingly hot or loud. A lot of care clearly went into the design of the G3. It may not feel premium, but it certainly ensures efficient airflow. If you’re an enthusiast, missing out on 60fps on maximum settings may be disappointing, but you can’t necessarily expect that in this price range. The medium-quality settings show that you can dial down some bells and whistles to achieve better than 60fps, though, which is an acceptable solution for a budget machine. Synthetic tests are helpful for measuring general 3D aptitude, but it's hard to beat full retail video games for judging gaming performance. Far Cry 5 and Rise of the Tomb Raider are both modern, high-fidelity titles with built-in benchmarks that illustrate how a system handles real-world gameplay at various settings. We run them at 1080p resolution at the games' medium and best image-quality presets (Normal and Ultra for Far Cry 5 under DirectX 11, Medium and Very High for Rise of the Tomb Raider under DirectX 12). Instead of the usual trend of LED patterns, stripes, and large cooling grills, Dell opted for a moderate design. In fact, the Dell G3 15 3579 is a bit too modest for a modern gaming laptop. Scroll on for my first impressions of the Dell G3 15 (2019), plus the full list of specifications that have been confirmed so far.

Dell G3 15 3500 i5 10300H (70223130) - Chính hãng, trả góp Dell G3 15 3500 i5 10300H (70223130) - Chính hãng, trả góp

However, do not write it off yet as you may find out that its performance more than compensates for its unattractive looks! As much as I would love to attribute the word ‘attractive’ to the Dell G3 15 3579, unfortunately, I can’t. It is fair to say that Dell G3 15 3579 is the most unattractive gaming laptop I have seen. Whether it was Shadow of the Tomb Raider or Civilization VI, I was able to get the games running after a bit of tweaking in the video settings. Bear in mind though, even after dropping the graphics settings to medium or low for these two titles, I couldn’t better 30fps.Despite having a great score of 6509K for Visual Colour Temperature, the Dell G3’s display still looks rather warm when compared to other laptops. This isn’t helped by the dismal colour range, with just 51.8% of sRGB colour gamut. The Dell G3 is just not designed for image or video editing, being unable to reproduce colours accurately enough to be a worthwhile asset for such creative work. If you haven’t seen the Dell G3 15 3579 before, I can bet you have a completely wrong pictorial imagination of the laptop. The Dell G3 15 3579 doesn’t look like most modern gaming laptops. This review focuses on the 1 TB 5400 RPM HDD. Sadly, the Dell G3 15 3579 offered slow storage speeds when its storage performance was tested with this drive. There’s a lot to talk about with the Dell G3 15 (2019). It has received a significant overhaul, both on the inside and out, and makes its predecessor look horribly outdated by comparison. While that’ll dip significantly while playing games, it’s nice to know you can take it away from the wall for more than few hours at a time. You’ll have to spring for something like a Razer Blade if you need a gaming laptop with close to all-day battery life. Our Take

Dell G3 gaming laptop | TechRadar

On a CrystalDiskMark test, the Dell G3 15 3579 offered a sequential read speed of 107.2 MBps and a sequential write speed of 53.5 MBps. Furthermore, the Dell G3 15 3579 copied a 4.97 GB multimedia file in 42 seconds at a very slow rate of 121 MBps.

Operating System

In Alienware Command Center (more on that below), I was able to tune the speakers a bit, and the music preset did bring the drums out a bit more than the default settings. All other products will be delivered via the fastest available method (excluding bank holidays and weekends) and generally within 3-5 days, depending on customer location. We also run a custom Adobe Photoshop image-editing benchmark. Using an early 2018 release of the Creative Cloud version of Photoshop, we apply a series of 10 complex filters and effects to a standard JPEG test image, timing each operation and adding up the total. As with Handbrake, lower times are better here. And, while it’s not exactly what we would call ‘thin and light,’ it’s also not too bulky. It weighs in at 5.57 pounds (2.53kg) and measures in at 0.89 x 14.96 x 10.16 inches (H x W x D). You should be able to take it around with you wherever you go, but it might start weighing down on you for longer trips. Since these laptops are equipped for playing straining video games, even though they’re budget systems, they all meet an acceptable baseline of performance for everyday tasks. The G3 15 isn’t the snappiest machine I’ve ever used, with a couple seconds of hang time here and there when launching a program or multitasking, but the overall speed is good enough for general use.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment