276°
Posted 20 hours ago

adidas Men's Bc0884 Track Shoe

£33.485£66.97Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Stealth C4 rubber brings a good balance between friction and durability that makes the shoe feel at home at the crag and in the gym.

Another unmissable addition to the VCS is the toe patch, an almost essential requirement for any modern performance shoe. This triangular-shaped patch sits over the big toe and instantly upgrades the shoe’s ability when it comes to bouldering and gym climbing. Directly underneath the rubber, in the interior of the shoe, the toe patch is lined with a higher-friction material, which helps toe hooking feel super secure. If gnarly bat hangs aren’t your thing, that’s not a problem, the new toe patch is significantly smaller than the full coverage of the Anasazi Pro, so it allows the toe box to remain flexible and unintrusive when not in use. The Heel The Pink might not boast the flashy appearance of an Italian-made shoe, but don’t let looks deceive you—its design is thoughtful, tried-and-true, and well-executed. Five Ten’s synthetic “Cowdura” fabric wraps around the foot in a single swath on each side, resulting in minimal seams and a simple transition from rand to upper. The lined Cowdura is designed to maintain all of leather’s comfort and breathability while minimizing stretch. On this front, the material performs admirably, and the shoe holds its shape better than leather models like La Sportiva’s Katana and Miura. Further, a thorough lacing system where the uppers meet provides great versatility in the fit and shape of the shoe. And no matter the terrain I’m on, the laces never press down hard into my skin thanks to the minimally reinforced tongue. Ah yes, Five Ten’s legendary Stealth C4™. Arguably considered one of the best climbing rubbers out there, and unquestionably 5.10’s most versatile rubber. The C4 rubber offers an unbeatable grip on almost every climbable surface. It is used throughout the Anasazi lineup as well as a bunch of other Five Ten climbing and approach shoes.Make sure you size your VCS to fit as, like any synthetic shoe, the stretch is minimal. After extensive use, I would guess mine have stretched 1/2 size if that. I’m a street size 10.5/11 US and got these in an 11 US. The Stealth C4 rubber is a fairly standard 3.5mm along the sole, with a thinner strip over the toe. Therefore, most of the NIAD's stiffness comes from the midsole. While the Pink excels in the expanse between slabby and steep, it’s not the best tool for the extreme ends of the spectrum. In a pinch, it can moonlight as a steep sport-climbing shoe (sized tightly) or a comfortable shoe for multi-pitch adventures (sized roomy). That said, with a relatively flat, stiff build and no rubber on the toe box, the Anasazi Lace is certainly not the most ideal option for overhanging terrain, and the high rand tension means it is uncomfortable on slabs or as an all-day option. Boulderers should look for a softer, more aggressive model like the Scarpa Instinct VS or La Sportiva Skwama; those focusing on slab routes or more moderate climbs might appreciate a more supportive shoe like the less aggressive La Sportiva TC Pro or even the Pink’s stiffer Velcro cousin, the Anasazi VCS.

Haven’t really noticed the heel feeling any different. A bit less volume on the outside so perhaps better for smaller heel hooks. when I found out Five Ten were working on a next-generation upgrade for these iconic shoes, the Nose In A Day range, I was slightly apprehensive. The task of updating and more importantly, improving, a shoe as iconic as the Anasazi VCS is no easy task. If you are used to the old Anasazi when it was manifactured in the US then we suggest going a whole size up for the same fit** Like any shoe, you could opt for a bigger, more comfortable size, or a smaller performance fit. In an all-around shoe like the Pinks, I prefer to have a size that I can’t wear all day but can wear for several pitches without having to take them off. The Anasazi Lace has a synthetic upper so they hardly stretch when breaking in, therefore I’ve only ever downsized the Pinks half or one whole size from my Five Ten approach shoe fit. The Verdict

Adidas/Five Ten

The two main new features of the Anasazi Pro are the toe rubber and a much tighter heel. The toe rubber is something that was requested by Shauna and Ned for competitions and bouldering, whilst the heel is something that I think just needed improving. How has this affected the shoe? Asymmetric design puts power over the big toe, making it easier to climb seams and smudge off small edges Overall, I have been really impressed with the Anasazi VCS, so much so that I decided to get them re-soled instead of throwing them on the used pile. If I could change anything about these shoes it would be to have more toe rubber and a wrap-around heel… So basically the Anasazi Pros. Then use a pen to draw a line just in front of your big toe. Repeat for both feet and take the longer distance to determine your size.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment