276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ero...

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thom Creed is not a typical teenager by any stretch of the imagination. His father, Hal Creed, was one of the greatest superheroes of his generation, but after being blamed for a tragic accident became an outcast. Soon after, Thom's mother disappeared leaving his father devastated and Thom increasingly determined not to cause any further pain to the person who has been the one constant in his life. Circumstance and, I think, Thom's natural inclinations make him a loner, who is careful to keep his distance from others and to guard his own secrets. The first of these being that he's gay and the second his newly discovered super powers and invitation to join the League that ostracised his father; both of which he knows will be of great disappointment and sorrow to Hal Creed. Publishers Weekly applauded the book for its subject matter and for expanding the genre of gay literature into superhero fantasy. But ultimately, the review noted, "the novel misses its mark, with an abundance of two-dimensional characters and contrived situations. ... While some may be glad to see a gay hero come out of the closet just in time to save the world, others may wish the situations felt less clichéd." [9] Thom Creed was named #5 on a list of top 10 LGBT Book Characters. [10] Thom is essentially brilliant. He is struggling with being gay and having his powers and tries to really keep it under wraps. It blows up when his face is on the news and when someone calls him out for it at a basketball game and when he outs himself publicly. But he kept going. He wanted to help people and that was such an integral part of the character it makes the end so much worse. As a healer he really has an affinity for coming to peoples aid, which happens right at the beginning when we meet Goran. Lee revealed in April 2010, however, that Showtime had decided against producing the series. "Showtime finally didn't commit and we're now exploring our options," Lee said. [14] Moore expressed his intent to bring the novel to television. "'Hero' will see its day onscreen. I'm not sure how or where or who will make it possible, but like all the best heroes, you have to have faith. And when it does, it will be another step forward. And some folks will think, 'Damn, it's about time someone thought of doing that.'" [14]

Ero Books Shelf - Goodreads Ero Books Shelf - Goodreads

Young Adult. A gay teenager with superpowers and his disgraced hero-dad live together in the suburbs. They have their differences, but when Thom gets tapped to try out for the League (of superheroes) those differences threaten to tear them apart. Hee, sorry. It really is that dramatic. This is what you call a superhero novel with a message, that message being "Gay is okay." So, wonderful, it's a message I can support, but a redeeming message is not enough to make me love a book, and this book, while not bad, and certainly not disrespectful to the superhero genre, didn't really do anything original except make the hero gay. In fact, it was overall a pretty derivative story and I doubt it would have gotten much attention at all (or even published) if not for the central theme, that Thom Creed, the title hero, has two "secret identities," one as a superhuman, the other as a gay teenager whose famous ex-hero father is also a bit of a homophobe. When his father does leave, Thom decides to run away from home. When he falls asleep on the bus, he becomes mixed up in a battle between some villains and The League. He also encounters a mysterious man known as Dark Hero, who works alone. Thom ends up using his powers yet again on a young mother, and gets an invitation to try out for one the minor leagues. When he gets home, he discovers that Hal's former mentor Captain Victory has died. He decides not to tell his father about the tryouts, because Hal harbors intense resentment for The League. Thom is accepted as a trainee, and assigned to work with a group of other probationary heroes. The group consists of Ruth, an aging psychic, Scarlett, who can control heat, and Larry, who has the ability to give others any disease. The stress of keeping so many secrets from his father exacts a painful toll. Honestly this book felt like it could have been two parts (before and after Dad finding out about League and murders). I'm still not sure why it wasn't written that way as I think it would have been a great duology. It wasn't all that original, really: all the superhero characters were basically the ones we all know, but with their names changed; I've read the same situations when it comes to coming out and being gay in a million stories online; and saving the world is saving the world is saving the world. The only really new thing was that Thom Creed is gay. That part actually kind of bothered me. Everyone in this book seems to know about Thom's sexuality even before he admits it aloud, and nearly everyone hates him for it. Neither of those things are even remotely realistic. I mean, I've known for five years at least that I'm bisexual, but in all that time, no one has ever just guessed my sexuality. It's not like we have it stencilled on our foreheads. And, strangely enough, not everyone in the world is homophobic. Okay, it's a book, it's fiction, it's not meant to be realistic, but... Perry Moore is gay himself, right? I can imagine that since he's openly so, he's had some of that experience, but I can't imagine that everyone in his world immediately condemned him because he's gay, because that's just not what happens.Thom is a teenager who's dad is a disgraced superhero. Thom is gay and now he's coming in to his powers. He has a lot on his plate and has a lot of difficult things to decide. He doesn't always do the right thing at first, but he knows when he hasn't and does try to correct it. In a world that accepts superheroes and aliens with super powers (think superman), being gay is still prejudiced against. Actually it seems all your standard prejudices and bigotry is in this world. Although, there is a lot of smoking in this book, which I found odd. But other than that, I think it handles things well. I say "a bit" because of course this is a father-son novel and so by the end of the book, heartwarming acceptance amidst heroic self-sacrifice occurs, and Thom Creed is happily paired up with his handsome boyfriend (also a closeted superhero) in the brave new world they have just saved.

BOOKS HERO BOOKS

From Submission Guidelines to Volunteer Editors to helpful essays, this section has all you need to polish your story! One thing I did like a lot was the relationship between Hal and Thom. I had no trouble believing in the way Hal treated his son and reacted to his various secrets, and I actually hurt for them both in a lot of their interactions. And that's what a lot of this book was. The only deeper parts were the waaaaaay overused trope of using the alternate identities of a superhero as a metaphor for being gay. Bryan Singer did it much better in the first X-Men movie, btw. Much. Better.A stealthy, stronger line of female salamanders are skipping sex and stealing DNA from males instead Erotica often gets labeled a "guilty pleasure," and while, I mean, yes—there are many campy books to read, some of which are on this list—there are plenty of erotic novels that overlap with genre and literary fiction. Some of these books have inspired Golden Globe-nominated shows, after all (hi, Outlander!). In other words, erotic novels are fun, they're sexy, and they can be prestigious. I mean, where else could you find hot billionaires, rugged war heroes, professors that don't mind giving you a "D" (jokes!), or actors who are just as hot on the screen as they are off? Nowhere but NSFW stories!

Books – Ultimate Football Heroes Books – Ultimate Football Heroes

Why did I like this aspect so much? I think it was because it was so extraordinarily moving. Many of us can relate to dealing with issues such as acceptance with parents or other family members. In Thom's and Hal's case these problems are exacerbated by their personal situations: their inherent wish to be honest and open with each other; their unwillingness to cause hurt and hesitancy to take that first step; the concern and shame both feel about what happened to Hal and consequently to the family; their pride in the Hal's former life as a superhero; their desire to help people; and, above all else, their love for each other. All of these themes and issues came through so evocatively in Hero and the majority of them the reader is privileged to explore through Thom as he discovers and begins to comprehend his and his father's past, present and future.Hero is a 2007 Lambda-winning novel, and the only novel by openly gay film producer and novelist Perry Moore. The fantasy novel is about a teenage superhero, Thom Creed, who must deal with his ex-superhero father's disgrace, his own sexuality, and a murderer stalking the world's heroes. His two most important relationships in my eyes are with his dad and Ruth. Not Goran but I did enjoy the romantic subplot. His dad and him don't see eye to eye so we get a lot of tension between them. A lot of tension. But it's the moments that aren't tense that mean a lot. The moments where Thom is undercover at the factory and the ending where Hal gives his parting advice. That moment was honestly horrible because it had to happen. Thom deserved better at the end than having both his parents dead. His mum was missing for most of the book and then shows up whenever. She was useful but I didn't enjoy her parts. a b c Gustines, George Gene (2007-09-03). "A Novelist's Superhero Is Out to Right Wrongs". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331 . Retrieved 2023-02-10. There were many reports that the book might be adapted for other media. Moore said in 2007 that a motion picture adaptation was in the early stages. [2] Moore announced in May 2008 that the book might be made into a television program. "It looks like we’re going to do a TV series. There were two networks that we pitched, and we got two offers." [12] Variety confirmed in November 2008 that Moore and Marvel Comics' Stan Lee were officially developing a television show based on Hero for the cable network Showtime. [13] The show was to be executive produced by Lee and Gil Champion (the president of POW Entertainment, a company co-founded and co-owned by Lee), while Moore would co-produce and serve as screenwriter. [13] Now Ruth was honestly amazing. She was a lovely old lady with the ability to see the future. On the rag tag team though she was really quite stunning. Because she was so clever and knew what to say. She was the only one who really accepted Thom at the beginning and that was great. She stood by him and stood up for him until the very end. Her death was horrible because of how much it tore Thom up really. You could see it kinda devastated him. She was a guiding path in his superhero journey so the only way he could stand on his own two feet was if she died. Sad but true in this case.

Literotica - 100% free sex stories, erotic audio, adult

Since Moore's intentions are admirable, it's tempting to gloss over the book's poor execution by praising it using plenty of qualifiers. (" Hero is the best YA novel featuring a gay teen superhero I've read all month!") Unfortunately, I just can't bring myself to use the words " Hero" and "best" in the same sentence. Well, in a pinch I could probably force myself to say, "I read Hero while staying at a Best Western," but even that would be a lie. I read this a few years ago so forgive me if I don't remember all of it. Here are my thoughts on what I recall.)Despite the somewhat reserved praise, in May 2008, Hero won a Lambda Literary Award as the best LGBT Children's/Young Adult novel of the past year. [11] Sequels, and film and television adaptations [ edit ] During a basketball game, Thom recognizes one of the players from the opposing team as Goran. Thom is thrown off his game and Goran ends up breaking one of his legs. Strangely, Thom heals Goran's injury by touching his leg over the compound fracture. He has healed others before, but does not fully understand his ability. Apparently no one notices what he has done for Goran, and when the game resumes, another player calls Thom a faggot in front of everyone. Afterwards, Thom has a seizure, which is most likely related to stress created by absorbing Goran's injuries, and his fears about his father discovering his sexual orientation. While recuperating at the hospital, he is forced to give up his driver's license and must resort to using the bus to get around.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment