276°
Posted 20 hours ago

GrillChef Mini Kamado, Black

£214.995£429.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As I wrote earlier, I haven’t used a big brand kamado before and so can’t really make a direct comparison. Time will tell, for example, if I wished I had the split deflector and if the components are up to the long-term task. At this price and with this warranty, however, and also after experiencing the build quality first-hand, I have no doubts that I’m going to enjoy kamado cooking in general and would have no hesitation in recommending this model specifically as a good starting point. My first impression when taking this out of the box was “whoa, this thing is massive”. I own both the Large Big Green Egg& the Kamado Joe Konnected, so when we assembled the Kong I was blown away by how much larger it was than I anticipated (I’m notorious for not reading the fine print). The Kamado Joe Classic II 18″ Kamado features some nice innovations, including the airlift hinge, which reduces the dome’s weight by around 96%. The Kong is a heavy-duty, ceramic kamado grill that boasts an extra-large cooking area. Its durable design makes it great for cooking everything from steaks to pizza, and the adjustable intake and exhaust make it perfect for longer brisket & pork butt cooks as well. All three supplied cooking grills are 3/8″ / 9 mm 304 stainless steel — and they can be used in 4 cooking positions! The charcoal basket is also 1/4″ / 6.35 mm 304 stainless, the heat shield/ash screen is 3 mm 304 stainless, and many of the fittings and fixtures are also 304 stainless. All this quality material adds to the weight considerably.

Buying Guide — Features to Look for in a Good Kamado Grill My absolute favorite charcoal smoker of all that I own: The kamado Big Joe 3Des67 said: “We have been tempted by one of these for a while now and looked at a few. Prices vary a lot. Our friends bought a large Aldi Kamado and said it was brilliant and so we thought that we would give the mini a go. We can’t believe how good it is, especially when you consider the price. It is very heavy and as well made as any others we saw. Highly recommended, it is fantastic!”

Smaller, camping friendly versions are available but they really only cater to cooking for two people. A Kamado can keep its heat in part due to the tight seal between the lid and the main body. If you close all the vents, the burning charcoal will soon use up the supply of oxygen. Should you open the lid to have a peek before the coals are completely extinguished, you run the risk of a nasty flare up. Other than these more technical aspects of the kamado, all that is left is to choose the color that you like! Although, the choice does tend to be limited, with manufacturers often only offering models in one color.It was around the end of the Second World War that Americans noticed these grills. After some were shipped over to the US, the concept started to take off. What is a Kamado Grill? — The History of The Kamado The history of ceramic kamado grills is way…waaay longer than many would think!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment