276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Homepride, Creamy Tuna Pasta Bake, 485 g Jar

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Wooden Spatula – to move your ingredients around the pan so they don’t catch and burn on the bottom/cook evenly. Pasta sauce. Honestly, you can use a jar of your favorite tomato sauce (plain thinner tomato puree without spices and herbs), passata, marinara, spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce when putting together this recipe. If using spaghetti sauce, just make sure to measure out how much you need as it usually comes in a larger jar than pizza sauce. You don’t want to leave your tuna swimming in the casserole from too much sauce! Confession:I say “Everybody has a can of tuna” but I don’t. Well, I do have lots. But it’s not for me. It’s for Dozer. So on the odd occasion that I do want tuna, I swipe his. Canned Tuna - I prefer to use tuna in springwater. You can of course use tuna in brine or oil. Just be sure to drain thoroughly before adding to the dish.

Scallions: Also known as green onions or spring onions, these give the dish a little extra flavor. They can be omitted or substituted with leek or onions if you prefer. Fresh basil or parsley. I have potted herbs on standby but if you haven’t got any then you can use 1-2 teaspoons Italian Herb Mix.

You will need

Tuna tomato pasta bake can be frozen. I prefer to bake it first, then portion it into individual airtight plastic containers before freezing. You can freeze it before baking though. Whatever you choose just make sure it is thoroughly defrosted before baking or reheating. What Are The Tomato Tuna Pasta Bake Calories? Grated cheddar and /or mozzarella. Both are allowed as healthy extras and the recipe contains 200g (14oz) which divided by six is within your healthy extra allowance for cheese. You can use reduced fat cheese if you prefer. So if you didn’t grab our Air Fryer Ham And Cheese Pasta Bake recipe yet, and you’ve been wondering “can you cook pasta bake in an air fryer” then the answer is a big YES!

Pasta – You can use any pasta you have in the cupboards for this recipe. I like to use fusilli as it traps the sauce/tuna in it’s ridges and my young daughter finds it easier to eat over more slippery pastas like penne. Shake jar before opening. Place 200g of dry pasta in an ovenproof dish and pour over the contents of the jar of sauce. Fill empty jar with water up to the top of the label and pour into the dish- add 1 small tin of drained tuna chunks. Stir thoroughly to ensure the pasta is covered, then bake in a preheated oven, uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir thoroughly, ensuring all pasta is covered in the sauce, then sprinkle with 100g (3 1/2oz) of grated Cheddar cheese and return to the oven for a further 20-25 minutes or until the pasta is thoroughly cooked. Ensure product is thoroughly cooked and piping hot throughout. Look at that though eh, it’s beautiful isn’t it?! Pure, unadulterated comfort food at it’s finest. You really can’t go wrong with tuna pasta bake can you? Store this creamy tuna pasta bake properly sealed in a special airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. You can freeze it for 2 months or so. Prepare your ingredients and read through the recipe before you start cooking. This gives you the best possible chance of getting everything perfect.If you can’t get worcestershire sauce or mushroom ketchup, try adding 1 – 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar instead for a deeper flavour. The beauty of this tuna pasta bake recipe is that you can use whatever you have in the cupboard. Because you part cook the pasta before you add it into the sauce, it doesn’t matter what type or size you use. That being said, my personal preference is fusilli because all those little ridges trap the tuna and sauce inside which is wonderful! Next top the tuna pasta sweetcorn mixture with the ricotta cheese. Be sure to give the cheese a good stir through first as it makes it easier to spread on top of the pasta bake. Then tip the tuna sweetcorn pasta mixture into the air fryer silicone cooking liner and then top with the grated Cheddar cheese.

Place half the passata in a bowl with the cream cheese and whisk until fairly well combined. Stir into the drained pasta and vegetables. Tinned tuna –for a Slimming World pasta bake you must use tuna in brine or spring water. Albacore tuna is a very tasty option but can be more expensive. Whichever type you buy aim for sustainably sourced and line caught tuna. The brand I grew up with was Rio Mare which is Italian and so delicious! Garnish. Serve with more olives, cherry tomatoes or sundried tomatoes, fresh or dried herbs, grated parmesan cheese.

A couple of canes of tuna, pasta and a basic white sauce is transformed into casserole in less than 1 hour. This like any other casserole is quite versatile. You can throw in your favorite veggie to make it more filling. Pin How to Make Tuna Pasta Bake It may surprise you to know that I’ve not always liked tuna pasta bake. In fact, it’s something I’ve only recently begun to eat thanks to my husband. Over the years he’s managed to stop me being a fussy eater and turn me into a food blogger. And as you know, I now eat virtually anything! That’s a pretty huge leap but then, he is a pretty amazing person. Soften a chopped onion in a large frying pan. Add chopped peppers, tuna fish, salt, pepper, garlic, tomato puree and oregano and cook for 2-3 minutes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment