276°
Posted 20 hours ago

More Is More Decor - A Handbook For Maximalists: Banish the beige, ditch the drab and throw the interiors rule book out of the window

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The acid-green walls also allowed Feldman to use slightly more muted furnishings like the acrylic coffee table and and blue sofa, without making the room look one bit boring. For Jason Oliver Nixon and John Loecke, the gents behind the Madcap Cottage label and authors of "Prints Charming: Create Absolutely Beautiful Interiors with Prints and Patterns" (Harry N. Since 2018, she has contributed to a variety of lifestyle publications, including Apartment Therapy and Architectural Digest. Combining family photos, kids' drawings, and professional paintings or prints creates an upbeat, energizing display. Florals work well with stripes; using a floral sofa – or blind – with a striped rug is a knowing clash and works especially well when you mix a figurative floral with a graphic contrast.

M aximalist home decor gives you the sense that you’re living in a piece of art made from all of your favorite things. Think of your space as a carefully curated Aladdin’s cave of treasures, with each item on display even more fascinating than the last. If you have the budget for a designated keepsake room, you might as well make it as lavish and fun as possible. I've never been good at choosing interior decorations or soft furnishings but feel that I can apply Siobhan's ideas in my own way.Well I absolutely love my Olive and Olive Mirror, Table, Lamp and pouffe, they have taken my old breakfast room from tired and boring to fun and functional. Then channel the maximalist trend by juxtaposing floral room ideas with a contrasting print (think stripes or even an animal motif). A really interesting read giving even the most minimalist of us confidence and inspiration to bring some colour and pattern into their home with fabulous tips on using accessories, lighting, plants and mood board ideas. This is a terrific suggestion as accessories can be altered and changed over time, allowing a space to feel fresh and attention-grabbing. Lastly, Siobhan mentions the Beverly Hills Hotel, Los Angeles as a muse in her own maximalist interior.

A shift away from stark, minimalist styles, maximalism celebrates different styles and designs (whether old or new) all styled together in a considered way that showcases all that you love and have collected over the years. She's worked in newsrooms across the country in her 12+ years of journalism experience, including the Globe and Mail, Postmedia News, Calgary Herald and Brunswick News. If you're someone who is drawn to vibrant or dramatic colours and not afraid to paint them all over your walls, then maximalist decor is for you.

However, if a rainbow bright color scheme doesn’t appeal to you, you can create a maximalist look with a monochromatic color scheme. Magazine and is a regular contributor on Channel 4's Steph's Packed Lunch , presenting a segment entitled Pimped-up Properties . Layering is essential when it comes to the maximalist look, and not just of textiles, though they are a crucial element.

Maximalism goes all the way back to the Victorian era, when people were really trying to make a statement in their home as opposed to a more pared down conservative interior design style,” Hopp explains.Says Matari: "Each room should include the unexpected and tell the story of our lives, our travels and childhood, or any moment that defines who we are and how we live.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment