276°
Posted 20 hours ago

TaylorMade Quiver Pencil Bag 2021

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As I mentioned before, I don’t like the straps much but am less bothered about that than the standing-up thing. What I paid for the Taylormade Quiver One of the things we like the most about this bag is the mini stand, which is very easy to use and retract and also does a great job of keeping equipment dry when the ground is damp. At just 1.5kg and with two padded straps, you’ll feel fresh from start to finish, no matter how many holes you play. But if you're after something slightly bigger, take a look at our review on the Mizuno BR-D3 Stand Bag, for a very similar offering. How we test the best Sunday golf bags Storing your gear in your bag correctly is really important as if you don't have a bag that can house your clubs correctly you can end up damaging your clubs. Players will also start to get annoyed with their bag if they find themselves pulling several clubs out at a time, because there are not enough dividers in the bag. Before you buy a pencil bag, think about how easy it is to use, how easy it is to pull a club out of that bag and how easy it is to stand the bag up. Lastly, think about how easy it would be to store that bag in the boot of your car, as no one likes faffing around with their bag before or after their round. Golfers looking for a little nostalgia might like to consider the Original Jones golf carry bag. These tremendous-looking bags began life in 1971 and the retro look remains the same today. Yes, there are a couple of modern twists, like the use of a water-resistant leather-look vinyl to keep the grips dry, but the iconic design is as it was 48 years ago. way top divider - I split mine into woods and long irons, mid irons and then anything to do with getting the ball up and down. It is a cosy fit for 13 clubs, so I dropped an extra wedge I normally carry but hardly ever use. I might add a rescue to my setup later in the year, so will see how that goes.

I am a BIG fan of the grab handle. My normal bag is infuriating in that the handles are on each side rather than a grab. This is a major plus for me.Quiver comes with a clever retractable stand system. These mini legs can easily be flipped into place to keep your bag above the ground, perfect for golf in wet conditions.

Oli is the Founder of The Sporting Blog, and enjoys writing about tennis, football, boxing and sports experiences. He is also Managing Director of Funderbeam UK, and was formally Chief Marketing Officer at Championship Horse Racing (Racing League) and DelAgua.

When it comes to our process of testing golf bags, we take it very seriously. Whether we are sent a product or buy it ourselves, we put each bag to the test out on the golf course to ensure we can provide thorough and reliable advice. Most importantly though, manufacturers cannot pay for a good review because we tell it how we see it. Every member of the Golf Monthly team is an avid golfer and as such, knows what does and doesn't make for a good stand bag. Specifically though, pencil bag testing is headed up by Golf Monthly's bag leader, Dan Parker. Depending on the bag, you can fit up to 14 clubs in a pencil bag. But most of these offerings are not designed to take that many clubs out, with many recommending that you take maybe six or seven. Can you play golf without a bag? With a simple 3-way divider system, you can easily arrange your bag while also preventing your clubs from jamming. My main issue with the bag is that it doesn't stand up on its end very well. This may seem a moot point as it has legs, but I sometimes just want to stand the thing up! I am sure I will get used to it but it still annoys me somewhat. This is a great-looking, premium leather carry bag that harks bag to a more elegant golfing age. In terms of aesthetics, this beautifully constructed bag is hard to beat and certainly will turn heads on the course. Made from 100% Mongolian Yak Leather, it’s soft to the touch but it’s also highly durable – it’s not a bag you’ll take out every game but if well looked after, it should last for a very long time.

Atlanta Drive Golf Club has signed the two-time Major winner to its roster ahead of January's TGL launch The stand - OK, I would have preferred long stand legs, these are only about 12 inches long but are extremely compact as a result. They retract easily and do the job. At just over 1kg, this bag offers golfers tremendous lightweight performance. Just throw a few clubs together, sling in some balls and tees and head out onto the course. The mini stand adds a really handy finishing touch and one that increases the bag’s durability.So straight off the bat, let’s just agree that the Taylormade Quiver is a very good-looking golf bag. I went for the grey version, as pictured below. The main features of the TaylorMade Quiver If you're looking for something a little more substantial than a golf Sunday bag, why not head over to our guides on the best golf trolley bags, best golf stand bags and best lightweight golf bags. FAQs Are Sunday golf bags good? Golfers can expect to fit a full set of clubs in a Sunday golf bag should they wish. Most Sunday bags now come equipped with adequate space for 14 clubs and a few essential items like balls, gloves, tees and an item or two of clothing. Some golfers prefer to just take out a half-set though, to keep the bag as light as possible. Why is it called a Sunday golf bag?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment