276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Hair Mousse 6.8 Oz (Pack of 3)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Garnier fructis curl construct. This is another shaving cream type mousse, but it’s quite airy once spread. It has a moderate citrus scent. I used my usual 4 palmfuls. It took quite a long time to dry. It didn’t give me a cast. It controlled my frizz well. My initial results looked okay, I thought. I had a bit less volume and definition than usual. However, if you have high porosity hair, Addam Artist warns that mousse may not be the best option if the formula is alcohol-based or has no moisturizing properties: " Overly porous or damaged hair can become stiff or brittle with a mousse; this applies to any curl pattern, from 2A to 4C, and can be naturally occurring or caused by chemical treatments." Instead, he suggests a curl cream or a leave-in conditioner with an anti-frizz hair serum.

I get it: Those tiny, wispy hairs that won't. lie. down. can be annoying as hell to deal with. Your savior? This mousse, which contains a pro-keratin complex that helps smooth the surface of your hair to minimize unwanted flyaways and frizz during the day. Herbal Essences Body Envy. I see the Herbal Essences Totally Twisted mousse recommended a lot, but after finding that it didn’t have enough hold for me, I decided to try this Body Envy line. It’s rated as having a 4 hold, while the totally twisted is rated 3. This mousse is the same price as the totally twisted, and is curly girl approved. Hair Type: Fine Hair, All Hair Types | Product Dimensions: 1.78 x 1.78 x 9.25 inches | Weight: 8.64 Ounces This is a go-to brand for inexpensive, good-quality results with every wash. Because of this, Herbal Essences has attracted quite a strong following which only seems to have grown the brands’ popularity. Herbal Essences was originally founded in 1972 by the Clairol company. That’s enough time to become a household name in homes around the world. Due to the fact that the product line-up is largely inexpensive and otherwise quite effective, they’re trusted as a reliable brand. Mousse adds volume to your hair, creating fuller, more luscious curls. The aerated foam formulas create space between your strands, making your mane look even bigger.

Siena Gagliano is an associate editor at Cosmopolitan, and has three years of experience writing about beauty, fashion, and lifestyle news. She’s an expert at researching and writing hair stories, like the best shampoos for curly hair and the best purple shampoos. She regularly tests and analyzes hair mousse on her own hair for efficacy, while working with the industry’s top hairstylists to assess new formulas and brands.

Several-day reader, first time commenter here. Emily!!! Thank you so much for all of this information. I have loved reading up on your wavy takes on CGM, as I am about to start my own wavy girl journey. I’ve been gathering a ton of info and product recommendations from people like you and Alyson (real life+curly girl). I also noticed/read that you are also from Michigan! I grew up in Battle Creek, but now I’m in Seattle. I, too, love true crime and cults and all the weird shit (I’m a Karen if we are talking about MFM.) This is a really affordable product, so the fact that I can use less makes this the cheapest mousse I tried. It gave me the best volume out of all the mousses, and I love big volume so that made this one of my favorites. It also was pretty long-lasting, I was comfortable with wearing my hair on day 3 without refreshing.My hair fell apart a lot in the first day, so I re-washed in 2 days instead of my usual 3. Overall, this mousse was not my favorite due to not controlling my frizz well enough, and due to not lasting long enough. I do prefer it a bit over the totally twisted mousse though. Mousse is the holy grail for curls. Forget the drying and crunchy formulas of yesteryear, a well-formulated mousse will give you the smooth, soft, defined, and full curls of your dreams. If you haven’t tried mousse to enhance your curls, you don’t know what you’re missing. Read on to find out how to get your best curls with a little help from your new favorite product. Why curls love hair mousse

Overall this is my favorite mousse because it gives me big volume, good definition, and it lets me hair look good the longest. This mousse is basically a requirement for whenever your curls are feeling a bit meh. The lightweight, alcohol-free formula will give your hair the right amount of volume and shine without drying it out. Scrunch three pumps of the product through damp hair with your fingertips. The result? Defined, super-bouncy curls that still have definition. The concept behind the Tousle Me Softly Mousse is volume! It’s a high volume formula for dry or wet hair. It will give you similar results regardless of which hair type you have. I would personally recommend this product for straighter hair types. The mousse doesn’t provide as much direct volume as the Curl Boosting Mousse by Herbal Essences. Those stylish but messy runway looks could use the lift. I spent the first two years of the curly girl method using gel. The first gel I ever tried was LA Looks gel. It worked well and it’s super affordable. I just didn’t see a reason to try anything else for quite a while. Our bio:renew shampoos and conditioners use ingredients sourced from REAL plants. Finger-printed and identified by experts at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Get beautiful hair that you'll love with our shampoos and conditioners!If I didn’t get a cast the first time that I used the product, or didn’t get a cast over my whole head, I tested that mousse a second time and made adjustments to try to get better results. If I got results that felt like I used too much product, I would try again using less. So, some of these were tested multiple times but others worked well on the first try and then I only tested them once. The only downside of this product for me is it is not curly girl approved. It has two silicones. However, in my opinion they are more acceptable silicones than some others. One is dimethicone which is a water soluble silicone so it won’t build up as badly as some other silicones. Hair mousse may be most well-known for its volumizing benefits, but it's also a star curl styler. Mousses for curly hair increase fullness by creating space between strands with their aerated foam formulas, enhance the shape of spirals with plumping ingredients like polymers, and can provide conditioning benefits via boosters like silicones and botanical oils. And experts agree that mousse is one of the best products for naturally curly hair, to enhance the bounce and shape of fine or thin curls, or to help hold curls in straight hair. Bounce and shine: Besides providing body and volume, some mousses come with additional ingredients that make hair look bouncy and shiny. Based on your preference, choose the one that delivers the add-on benefits.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment