276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Just as You Are: A Novel

£6.74£13.48Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Being a teenager these days is both very different to when I was one – and also pretty much the same. Every generation goes through many of the same things, but these days there’s this thing called the internet, and this other thing called social media.

I always get a little preachy. It's fine. You know what I'm about. But I inherently liked this queer retelling. It's always nice to see familiar characters updated for the times. Say what you will about the The Eye of the World TV show. I enjoyed the diverse cast. I am a fully qualified Integrative Counsellor. This just means that I can tailor my approach in a way It is no surprise that our protagonists all found love or at least contentment in the end. I sensed that the Show does not want to push any views too hard so for each success, we are presented with failures. This means this is largely a thought experiment. In the end, it comes down to the timeless notion of True Love Will Conquer All . . . most of the time . . . maybe. My approach is built on compassion and care. I provide a space for you to be heard, a place where healingWhy are all of the dates you go on terrible?” Jane said. “You need to be better at filtering out weirdos.”

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. feels a little bit like this whole book was contrived off the sentence “daria fitzgerald had slid into her DMs” and frankly — it works! beat for beat, this is an EXTREMELY confident romance novel. you can always tell when the author has a real love for the source material, and this just shines with love.Just As You Are is one of the mostgloriously queerthings I've ever read. While their romance is easy to root for,at its heart, this book is a tribute to queer friendshipsand being young in New York—like if The L Word had beenabout anxiety-ridden writers in Brooklyn. In other words:a delight.” —Anita Kelly, author of Love & Other Disasters I requested a digital advanced readers copy from NetGalley and Random House Publishing and providing my opinion voluntarily and unbiased. Therapy wasn’t always easy; growth can feel painful, but I discovered it wasn't as painful as being in

So much more than your average rom-com . . . Just as You Are is a full-on enemies-to-lovers romance thatexudes queerness at every possible turn. . . . It’s clear this book was written by a queer person, for a queer person. . . . Kellogg has made me feel so seen. . . . Kellogg’s references to queer pop culture feel like a shared language that only exists among queer people. I don’t know if a straight person would enjoy this book the same way that [a] queer person would—and that’s okay.This is for us.” — Autostraddle If you’re like many teens, you probably feel pressured to live up to the impossible standards set by our culture, the media, and even by your peers. After all, everyone wants perfect hair, a perfect body, cool friends, and good grades. But while it’s okay to strive to be your best, it’s also easy to get caught up in a never-ending comparison game that can feed your inner critic and rob you of your happiness. So, how can you break free from negative self-criticism and learn to appreciate your strengths? When Liz and Daria wind up having to spend more and more time together, Liz starts to see a softer side to Daria—she’s funny, thoughtful, and likes the way Liz’s gender presentation varies between butch and femme. Despite the evidence that Liz can’t trust her, it’s hard to keep hating Daria—and even harder to resist the chemistry between them.The acting and character development was shown in a slow but needed pace and done very well by all actors. Still it delivered with some unexpected turns and twists to keep you going and lots of thoughtful dialogues and shared thoughts of the protagonists. The Theme song was nice, rewatch value not too much regarding the story, but good to catch up on some thoughts here again once in a while. I really loved how both Liz and Daria grew - I feel like so many P&P retellings make the darcy the whole villian and fail to show Lizzie in all her flaws and growth. But Liz Baker was properly called out and brought to task for her real shitty behaviors towards her best friends (and Daria) I guess there’s not really any other way for a ‘you’re all going to be unemployed next week’ party to go,” Liz said. All four roommates worked at the Nether Fields, a magazine for queer women, nonbinary people, and trans people. Living with three of her coworkers had originally sounded like fun, but now that they were all losing their salaries at the same time, Liz had to admit there were some flaws in the plan. I don't place a limit on the number of sessions you can have with me. We'll review our work together on a When you tell me it features a ‘butch 4 gender-confused mess’ you know I’m going to drop everything to read it.” —Yashwina Canterfor Autostraddle

But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. who am I?" or they might want to talk about relationship difficulties, low self-esteem, or feelings of I’ve never read a book that so honestly and relatably explores being a queer woman in your 20s, from queer community and friendships to exploring gender presentation and so much more. . . . The part that most spoke to my soul, though, was the protagonist grappling with the value of writing and reading queer ‘fluff’ novels and celebrating seeing yourself in joyful books.” —Susie Dumond, author of Queerly Beloved, for BookRiot can begin. As you move through your sessions, you may notice the parts of you that often feel especially And thank you, Camille, for this dream of a novel that urges us all to chase possibility, not fear. It's a new favorite.All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not. person, then transitioning to seeing clients online when meeting face-to-face wasn’t possible. I now see There was a triumphant scream from behind them. One of the doors in the living room opened and their roommate Katie popped her head out of her bedroom.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment