276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Death on the Beach (The Retired Detectives Club Book 3)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Like the first book it is an engaging and enjoyable read with the main crime story moving along at a good pace whilst the main characters are allowed to grow. Government services and the economy gradually grind to a halt. In the end, Towers chooses not to remain and die with Moira, but rather to lead his crew on a final mission to scuttle the submarine outside of Australian territorial waters. He refuses to allow his imminent demise to turn him aside from his duty to the US Navy, and he acts as a pillar of strength to his crew. I just think they don’t want you to find out. You can imagine when you’ve just lost a child you’re not really in the frame of mind to challenge that — it’s very raw and you don’t think about it." 'The authorities are corrupt'

Death on the Beach | Anna Johannsen | 9781542018975 | NetGalley Death on the Beach | Anna Johannsen | 9781542018975 | NetGalley

Book 2 in this Island Mystery series. This second novel has for me established this as a new crime / police procedural set of stories set among the North Frisian islands.The problem I had was with the breakthrough moment, it seemed contrived, almost as if the author had written themselves into a corner and needed to either re-write or use a less than ideal scenario to solve things. After all that had gone before it was a bit of a let down. I am hopeful of a third book in this series however, and will definitely be on the lookout for it and I am sure I will enjoy that too. None of the local residents, even the girl's parents, want to cooperate with the Detective. The cult, devoutly religious islanders, are definitly hiding something, but what could it be? Has it something to do with the murder? Kearney, Cresson (1987). Nuclear War Survival Skills. Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine. p.11. ISBN 0-942487-01-X. On finding out this information, Boyne says: “If that’s the case it would’ve been a very peaceful death.

Death Island Our daughter died in sinister spate of ‘Death Island

Maria, an only fourteen-year-old girl, suddenly disappears on the small Island Föhr. Detective Lena Lorenzen, who is nearby is called in for the investigation. Eventhough the bodie of the girl is found with vicious wounds on the wrist, Lorenzen immediatelly thinks that I can't be suicide and Maria must have been murdered. There was also a mysterious Swedish man who cropped up in the police report, apparently with Chrissie the night she died. Gale, Floyd C. (March 1958). "Galaxy's 5 Star Shelf". Galaxy. Vol.15, no.5. pp.119–122 . Retrieved 3 January 2015.

A Note From the Publisher

I received an Advanced Reader Copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my review. Thank you to the author, publisher and Net Galley for the opportunity to read and review this book. This is the 2nd book I have read by this author. It is refreshing to read a book set somewhere a little different and I have been inspired to visit this part of the world. The setting is atmospheric that I found myself googling these little known islands off the coast of Germany so I could see their beauty for myself. The locations are stunning and I felt as if I was truly there...on the beach beside Lena, puzzling out the mystery alongside her. DESPITE its flawless beaches and crystal seas, Thailand has earned a deadly reputation after 60 Brits died there between 2014 and 2016 alone.

Death on the Beach: Season 1 | Where to watch streaming and

Osborne takes his suicide pill while sitting in his beloved racing car. When Mary Holmes becomes very ill, Peter administers a lethal injection to their daughter. Even though he still feels relatively well, he and Mary take their pills simultaneously so they can die as a family. Towers and his remaining crew choose to scuttle the Scorpion in the open ocean, fulfilling a naval duty to not leave the unmanned vessel "floating about in a foreign port", after her crew succumbs to suicide or radiation poisoning. Moira watches the submarine's departure in her car, parked atop an adjacent hilltop, as she takes her suicide pill, imagining herself together with Towers as she dies.Episodes 8 hours ago Bering Sea Gold: Born a Gamblin’ Man (Discovery Channel Friday November 3, 2023) The expedition members then sail to an abandoned navy communications school south of Seattle. A crewman sent ashore with oxygen tanks and protective gear discovers that although the city's residents have long since perished, some of the region's hydroelectric power is still working due to primitive automation technology. He finds that the mysterious radio signal is the result of a broken window sash swinging in the breeze and occasionally hitting a telegraph key. After a brief stop at Pearl Harbor, the remaining submariners return to Australia to live out what little time they have left. But delays by the Thai authorities in finding Christina’s body and glaring gaps in the investigation left her parents convinced there was more to discover about how their beloved daughter died. She claims her friend witnessed the owner of the biggest diving company on the island "assassinated in broad daylight" by someone in relation to this family, and says they are "above the law" in Thailand. It follows the murder of Maria, a young girl from a deeply religious family. Detective Lina investigates the days and weeks before Maria’s death, but is faced with a lot of stonewalling from Maria’s community. They are used to judgment and aren’t particularly receptive to outsiders. As Detective Lina is making her rounds through the community, I felt for both her and the community at large. People often judge that which is different from what they know, and I hurt for the community that they felt scrutinized by virtue of their faith.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment