276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Little Red: A Rebel Fairytale

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, the wolf makes plans immediately to cut a shortcut to the Riding Hood house and thereafter eats Grandmother. They would also only drop off a case of books and leave us to run it – it was so lovely to have you on hand to chat to the children and recommend them books, as well as the small (but appreciated! While studying a degree in illustration at the Cambridge School of Art, Bethan learned how to tell stories with pictures, and even penned her first children’s book ‘Little Red’ while at university. There was just the right amount of choice to suit everyone without being overwhelming and I received comments from parents and staff about the quality of books offered compared to previous sales which have always been based around current crazes and well known celebrity authors.

A unique interpretation of the classic fairytale, shot through with dark humour and a stunning, bold graphic style. Printed using rich pantone colours, the graphic illustrations in Little Red offer a bold, visually arresting interpretation of the classic story by Bethan Woollvin, the winner of The Macmillan Prize for Illustration 2014.In this New York Times Best Illustrated Children's Book, girl power abounds as Little Red unravels the big bad wolf's plan. You guys were so fab and Dawn was such a lovely presence in the schools - I will absolutely be in touch next time I'm in your neck of the woods. Yourself and Bob are much cherished in our booky world and I personally really appreciate everything that you do.

The wolf is hungry, and Red Riding Hood looks tasty, so he hatches a dastard ly plan, gobbles up Grandma and lies in wait. Since graduating, Bethan has worked on both her own written and illustrated titles, as well as being commissioned to illustrate for other authors.My 3 year old daughter absolutely adores this story, so much so that we have to read it three times (me, my husband and daughter all have a turn) before bedtime. Lovely book that is wonderfully illustrated and teaches a good moral re girls standing up for themselves. I won't spoil the ending but let's just say Little Red wraps it up nicely (and warmly) and it has my three year old son thrilled at every read, begging for more.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment