276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Ice Man: Confessions of a Mafia Contract Killer

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This was not a good read. In fact, it was a terrible read. It’s pretty obvious the authors (Wim Hof and his protégé, Justin Rosales) are not writers. The writing is really really bad, as the other reviewers have already pointed out. I almost turned down the book after the first few chapters, but kept on.... and I'm glad I did. As poor as the writing is, the stories of Wim Hof and Justin are inspiring, really inspiring. I motivated me to incorporate cold showers in my daily routine and enjoy the numerous health benefits that Wim Hof is an extreme example of (I mean, 39 bpm resting heart rate at more than 50? Controlling the autonomic nervous system consciously? That's something everyone should strive for).

Iceman Wim Hof | Wim Hof Method The History Of The Iceman Wim Hof | Wim Hof Method

It is not a writing prodigy, but the novel is creepy and a brutal story about the life of a serial killer and his dealings with the Italian mafia in New York. I second anyone who thought the editing was horrible. There are some inspiring stories, but the writing is not good at all. This is a sweet little book telling, in alternate chapters, the story of Wim Hof's various extraordinary achievements and Justin Rosales's journey to study with him. Wim has workman-like prose. Justin, unfortunately, is a terrible writer. At first this is deeply annoying; Wim provides an interesting chapter about climbing Kilimanjaro or marathons in the arctic, then Justin follows up with over-detailed descriptions of his travel arrangements, his shopping habits, his school work:Having had a truly horrific childhood that did away with whatever humanity he had to start with, Richard was already a killer by the age of 13. Discovering a fearsome talent for murder he was already killing for sport by the time he was tapped to carry out contracts for various Mob families, and continued indulging in his hobby alongside his mob work leading to a truly terrifying trail of dead people behind him. The likes of Gacy and Bundy seriously have nothing on this guy. Afterwards I got more interested in the way Wim Hof can control his body and boost his immune system. I was especially curious about the physiology of it all. The book did not really satisfy that curiosity, they explain some parts but I will try to look for articles by researchers since I was not really convinced. Tal vez soy muy benévolo con el libro ya que, insisto, la redacción es, por decirlo de alguna manera, pobre.

The Iceman: The True Story of a Cold-Blooded Killer

Located at the northeast end of the state of New Jersey, Jersey City was ideally located near the bustling metropolis of Manhattan, and from here all types of goods and produce were shipped up and down the eastern seaboard. At its closest point just across the southernmost end of the Hudson River, Jersey City was only three-quarters of a mile away from lower Manhattan—the center of the world—and ferries were constantly bringing goods to the piers that crowded the busy Manhattan waterfront. On a clear day, it seemed, you could easily throw a stone to Manhattan from Jersey City, it appeared so close—the proverbial stone's throw away.This book has some great information, but it was written so badly, that it ended up thoroughly disappointing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment