276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Merkur Futur Adjustable Safety Razor in Matt Chrome - No Blades Included

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have seen users reporting that the bulkiness of the Futur affects shaving under the nose; however, using a technique of pushing the nose to the left and right sorts this out easily.

If you want the Optimus Prime of adjustable safety razors, then go a few levels past the Merkur Futur and enjoy a perfect shave from one of the top-quality razors out there, the Rex Supply Co. Combine that with the ability to adjust blade exposure from mild to ultra-aggressive make this suitable for a lot of men. With its timeless design, you can choose between matt and shiny chrome finishes and use the Duo Clip to attach the razor blade. Years later this popular razor brand is now producing some fierce-looking adjustable safety razors like the Crusader and Emperor.Materials and Finish – The head of the safety razor is manufactured using a zinc die-casting process, and the handle is brass with both sections having a chrome (Futur 700), satin (Futur 701) or gold finish (Futur 702). The Model T very much resembles the classic adjustable safety razors of the 1960s like the Gillette Fatboy and Slim. This adjusts the gap between the blade and the safety razor bar, giving you a buffer between the sharp metal blade and your skin. There is also concern about the strength of the central screw as it seems to be a cheaper pot metal.

The weight of the Futur was great for me, but overall the milder blade settings of the Progress would make me choose the progress over the Futur. Made from only the highest quality stainless steel and individually wax-wrapped to maintain precision, Merkur Super Platinum Double Edge Razor Blades have been the choice of many traditional shavers for years.To change blades, you just hold the razor in your fingers, put the print of your thumb on the side of the indented side of the head, and press up. The Emperor also features a rare feature of bending the safety razor blade to achieve a sharper cutting angle. I think the head is too large, the adjustment range is biased too far on the “aggressive” side, and the smooth handle is slippery in my wet fingers (a common complaint mentioned in other reviews). It is a very high-quality razor, I just think something like the Merkur 23C is a much better option for guys who are looking to try wet shaving for the first time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment