276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Garmin fenix 6S Pro, Ultimate Multisport GPS Watch, Smaller-Sized, Features Mapping, Music, Grade-Adjusted Pace Monitoring and Pulse Ox Sensors, Black with Black Band

£99.995£199.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This one is only fitting to wear in December (unless you're a total Christmas fanatic), but it's also the best watch face you want if you want to make your wrist feel more festive.

It's available in four beach-themed colors and is definitely one of the best we've used on the older Forerunner models. Winner of the best new watch face at Garmin's 2019 Connect IQ Developer awards, Crystal is a really great example of a watch face that piles on the data without making it feel like a crowded mess.

Price UK

It's available in four cosmic-themed colors that, along with swapping numbers for watch hands, will also elegantly display the date and battery life status. It keeps things simple, but that's quite alright with us. When Garmin launches a new watch, it's often the case that it reserves some new faces for those watches only. Thankfully, Connect IQ developers get on the case recreating them for other watches in its collection. After releasing the Fenix 6X Solar last summer, demand exceeded supply. And perhaps more challenging for Garmin, supply didn’t meet expectations. The company struggled through a fair chunk of Fall 2019 with yield related to the solar panel technologies. After all, it was their first watch incorporating the tech, and they needed to sort out the manufacturing side of things. But now, nearly a year later they’ve clearly done that. Supply is ample for the Fenix 6X Solar, and since then they’ve rolled out a Quatix edition watch with Solar, and now nearly a dozen Instinct Solar variants and a wide swath of Fenix 6S Pro and 6 Pro solar variants. Clearly, they’ve found their groove on this solar thing. Today Garmin has extended the solar option on the Fenix 6 series to include the Fenix 6S Pro and Fenix 6 Pro units, completing the family that started last year with the Fenix 6X Pro Solar. Now all three Pro units offer a solar-equipped option. In addition, Garmin also announced a new Garmin Instinct Solar lineup too. Beyond adding in solar panel tech, the watches also get some new features such as Indoor Climbing and Bouldering, as well as a new surfing integration with Surfline sessions. There are some really data-crammed watch faces on this list, but the excellent neon styled Night Gleam is made by Garmin itself, and could easily ship with its premium smartwatches.

In any case, I’m definitely the wrong person to test this bit out. But it does show Garmin’s ever-expanding sport profiles, and specifically having actual data for those profiles. While some runners or cyclists may be like ‘That’s a useless feature…to me’, the thing Garmin has figured out that most other companies haven’t is that one person’s useless feature is another person’s most important feature.Rather than a percentage, the display shows the approximate battery left as a number of days — convenient, since it removes some of the guesswork from knowing when you need to charge. The face of the Fenix 6s Pro isn’t a touch screen. Instead, you use the five side buttons to navigate through every command. For the first couple kilometers, all the units were basically identical. Again, there’s basically nothing out here to obstruct the GPS view: One for mindfulness fans - or anyone that needs to take a breather after a stressful moment in their day - the CalmGuru face uses breath circles to indicate when to breathe in and out, with your current heart rate positioned at the center of the screen. Next, we’ve got a more city-focused run, including going through some buildings. For this one I had with me an Instinct Solar, Casio GBD-1000, Polar Grit X, Fenix 6 Pro Solar, and Forerunner 935. Here’s that data set:

You can also mix up the colors if you don't want to go with the yellow-themed one we've featured. You'll need to give it access to GPS location and sensors if you want to pull in information like weather, heart rate, and elevation.It's a good face to show how you can get that traditional watch face look and still find room for complications to live on it too. I run a few times a week outdoors. I loved my old Forerunner 10 for runs, but the Fenix 6s Pro far outstrips it. The GPS locator is fast, even when you’re in an unfamiliar area. It also had no trouble finding me whether I was at home or someplace new. If you spend a lot of time outdoors exploring, this is the kind of free face to have loaded up onto your Garmin. You can simply display your Parkrun ID and barcode to be scanned along with ICE emergency information if you have any problems on your 5k jaunt. The Garmin Fenix 7 is also available in three different sizes — 42mm (the Fenix 7S), 47mm (the Fenix 7) and 51 mm (the Fenix 7X). All of the models have the option to come with Solar and Solar Sapphire versions, meaning you no longer have to choose between the toughened screen and solar charging. At the moment, there is no Pro range in the Fenix 7 line.

It's worth noting that the Fenix 6 Pro and Fenix 7 Solar Sapphire models have 32GB storage, with the standard Fenix 7 and 7 Solar offering 16GB. For the more basic standard Fenix 6, there's only 64MB of storage. When you are ready to run, you can load this PacePro data and use it to monitor your pace in real-time. The display will show your target split pace, your current split pace, and how far off you are from your overall goal. You also can see the distance remaining on the current split. PacePro was immensely useful during my runs, keeping me focused on a single lap at a time instead of the total length of my run. It also helped me slow down on steep mountain runs allowing me to conserve energy on the inclines and make up time on the downhills. For mountain runners who want to take the guess work out of pacing, this feature is a godsend. Inversely – why is an iPad Pro worth that much? There’s plenty of other computing options that meet the needs of 95%+ of the population just fine for far less. By the way, those battery charts are with the DCR Analyzer. We plot battery life for devices that support writing it to the files, including Garmin, Wahoo, and Stages.

Currently popular on idealo

I love that it doesn’t look overwhelming on my wrist, but it’s still big enough to read. My only issue is that the band is somewhat tough to size, with one notch feeling a little tight and the next slightly loose. Navigation In the watch face settings, which you can find in Connect IQ, you can tinker with the colors to mix things up. We think the default option is the most eye-catching though. Along with a boat that slowly moves across your face, you can see your step count along with the time, battery status, and whether you've got a Bluetooth connection to your paired smartphone. Aiming to put as much useful information in front of your eyes as possible, ActiFace shows the time and date, your activity history graph in calories and distance, plus daily goal progress, step count, and notifications. The body battery and recovery time widgets are also useful. Both of these give you a snapshot of how your body is recovering after a workout so that you can plan the rest of your week. Music

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment