276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Cornish Midwife: The top 10 bestselling uplifting escapist read from Jo Bartlett (The Cornish Midwife Series Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I love that we’re allowed to see Ella in her various roles: as midwife, friend, daughter and romantic interest. I love the way in which the author makes the reader feel as though they are part of the story and at the heart of the action. My goodness, this was an emotional one – a difficult subject so sensitively handled, heartbreaking at times, but doing so much to shed a light on the realities of facing a life-changing diagnosis and the many issues around living with a disability. When she meets her old flame Dan she feels torn as she wants to forgive him and does not know what she wants. A new date is fixed – but they then face a whole new set of problems when Ella’s numbness in her limbs and disturbances to her vision prove to be considerably more serious than they could have ever thought.

The Cornish Midwife by Jo Bartlett | Waterstones

I felt for Dan in the book but often felt that his point of view would have been appreciated a bit more often. Although this is the latest instalment in the Cornish Midwife series this can be read as a standalone. I loved catching up with all of the midwives, and Gwen as always had me laughing out loud, despite my despair at what was happening to my favourite characters.

Featuring a couple of weddings, lots of births and a christening it's guaranteed to tug at the heart strings! What makes Jo’s books stand out so much is her attention to detail and the thought she puts into her writing.

Cornish Midwife Series in Order by Jo Bartlett - FictionDB

I’m sure from the prologue it is believable but just went on too long and the conclusion was an “at last” moment! By describing the businesses, locals and tourists who make up the town, the author allows readers to experience Port Agnes through Ella’s eyes and heart. At the same time, Dan’s friends Leo – severely disabled after a fall from some scaffolding – and his wife Jemima are beginning their journey towards parenthood, beginning a course of IVF, and grappling with a range of emotions given the challenges they face.Midwife Jess is so used to helping other mums achieve their dreams that she's put her own hopes of motherhood firmly on hold. The story focuses on Ella again as she is preparing to marry Dan but receives some unexpected news about her health. However giving them the chance to talk privately and listen attentively to each other would do better than having five people lecture Ella into staying with him.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment