276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pros-Aide I Adhesive (1 oz)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Skin reactions and allergies are not the same thing. The skin can react to a material, or more likely it often appears red after the continued rubbing and wiping action. Mild skin reddening after removal is quite common and usually fades after a short time. Irritation which is persisting is different, and you should discontinue use of the materials if his is the case. They each have their advantages and disadvantages and were both developed to provide an answer to much the same problem: How do you construct a prosthetic that can be premade in bulk, without the need for a lifecast, in a generic shape to fit anyone, flexible enough to adapt itself to the contours of the body? Right now I hear a chorus of people saying “foam latex”, and its true you can make little pieces that will do all those things, but, and its a big but, when you get larger pieces you get problems with edges not sitting flat, and there is also the issue of foam requiring a vastly superior paint job (and favourable lighting!) to look ‘real’. Also, when I started I didn’t have an oven to bake foam in but I DID have a dehydrator… (I like to experiment in the kitchen as much as in the workshop.). Whereas both the GFA and Pros-Aide transfers begin life already far more skin-like in texture and colour, and are also incredibly simple to apply and easy to colour…so much so that sometimes they hardly need painting at all. Pros-Aide, the “original” water-based adhesive for the skin. It adheres for long periods without irritation. Pros-Aide® is the leading adhesive used for medical prosthetic applications. Pros-Aide® is the standard in the industry for adhering appliances and other make-up components to skin. It is safe to use on all skin including sensitive areas. It gives a strong bond and has high water resistance. It is non-toxic and completely safe.

Everyone will have their own selection of preferred materials, but here’s some of the teams at Mouldlife. Both kinds are easy to apply and both when done well are indistinguishable from skin under close examination…will stand up well to HD and feature film demands. This Doc was originally posted by Andrea Dinoboy Leanza in April 2012. Due to technical hitches with Facebooks system they had to be deleted and reposted. Unfortuantely that means comments people added have been lost. My apologies…

Blend the Edges & Apply Paint

Patch testing small amounts in advance can help flag these issues up before you start slapping it all over, giving you time to modify your approach and keep everyone happier.

Is glue being used elsewhere but successfully on the makeup? Some skin’s just don’t adhere well and need cleaning and prepping more than others. A mix of 1:1 alcohol and Telesis can be used as a primer on the skin first, applied where the piece sits (and slightly beyond), allowed to dry fully before gluing the piece on with straight Telesis. Apply to both surfaces and allow it to dry thoroughly before applying. pattern, and they begin to form a continuous, cohesive film. As this occurs, the polymer spheres, composed of long chains of acrylic, actually deform and partially combine with one another in a process of film formation called coalescence. Otherwise, kits are usually built by the individual over a period of time, replenishing some items over and over, or simply buying the latest palettes, new colours or out of kit effects for specific jobs, etc. If you put silicone over wet silicone adhesives, the liquid solvent can’t evaporate and is held against the skin, not drying. The transfers are made of, well, GLUE! And they are very robust, tenacious, and don’t come off till you want them to. I’ve had them covered in the kind of stuff that normally eats prosthetics for breakfast and they hung in there.

More Tutorials

If the makeup has to be applied many times in a row, you need to take care to reduce irritation as much as possible. This may mean taking rest days, thinning the glue down and using good moisturising and face creams. Most appliance makeups are wanted once or twice, but regularly appearing characters may well need to have rest days from prosthetics as part of their routine. THE MOULD: Both use silicone moulds. Obviously we need to use a platinum silicone for the GFAs as we will be using a platinum silicone to make the pieces (PlatSil Gel-10 with Smith’s Deadener. For transfers you can use a tin silicone mould. With cap plastic encapsulated appliances, it is not uncommon to find that the cap plastic peels away from the silicone. Adhesives; Telesis , Snappy G , Pros-Aide , Aquafix silicone adhesives and acrylic based adhesives depending on application

If applying over hair, it may need flattening down first. Arm hair for example is usually thin enough to stay down with the glue used to apply the appliance, but eyebrows may need gluing down flat first. Tattoos a selection of pre-made tattoo transfers or tattoo alcohol activated inks to paint your own APPLICATION: The pieces are applied with Pros-Aide or Telesis 5, and the edges melted onto the skin with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol. They can be applied right from the flexible mould for a perfect finish or removed from the mould and stored on boards or foam sheets. If applying right from the mould, work your way from one side to the other, gluing as you go to aid correct placement. Remove one edge of cap-plastic flashing from the mould and powder your way across. The temptation to top up our kit with exciting new products will from time to time get all of us! Nothing will go to waste.If your edges are still blended in well, you may need to encourage them up by wiping remover over them using a cotton-wool pad. These work well at gripping the edges, allowing you to then work into the piece with a dedicated brush.

But Spirit Gum does pose one main problem. It never works for me as a long lasting prosthetic adhesive. That’s enough to cover tons of applications, so that one bottle can last someone like me many, many months.

Most performers will be aware if they react badly to something and may tell you, but ideally you would do a patch test at least a day or two before the application is required. By placing a small amount of the glues and removers on the skin for a short time and seeing if any reaction develops over the next 24 hours, you can be more certain of success. Glycerol is used for its hygroscopic properties as a humectant, and also added to products for smoothness and texture.. It is found in Liquid Prosaide from 5-15%, and in the Cream from 2-10%. My personal experience is that they differ slightly here. The silicone is a bit more delicate, as it is basically a thin membrane of plastic over the gel. In hot weather I have had people sweat off the appliances, or else you get a weird bulging under the appliance where the sweat pools. Also, if the actor is doing anything that abrades or rubs the piece, they can break. Overbeating, which will introduce unwanted air bubbles into the mixture. The aim is to move the mixture constantly to avoid a skin forming, while not actually whipping or foaming the adhesive. Microbubbles introduced now can appear later during drying and ruin the piece. Using a food dehydrator is recommended. It is possible to let pieces dry at ambient room temperature, this will take much, much longer, but also runs the risk of surface contamination and success is dependant upon local temperatures and humidity.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment