276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Majorca bicycle map wp

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Alcudia/Playa de Muro/Ca'n Picafort seem to all run into one anyway.... have stayed at the two latter ones. It just means being in the same area and just a slightly different perspective on getting away from the coast into a variety of cycling country. Our favourite general guidebook on Mallorca is Lonely Planet Mallorca. It gives useful general information about the island and is a good guide to Mallorca resorts. The sections on island history, local customs, culture and food are well-written. This is a short route at around 15km and is almost completely flat. It is also entirely off-road, so is a great choice for families with younger children, or simply for riders who wish to just go on an easy ride

This Mallorca cycle route takes on some of the island’s most flat and fast roads, heading toward the south side of the island with seemingly endless smooth tarmac. It’s best ridden with a group of friends sharing the turns at the front, as you ride through flat and rolling countryside of the ‘Pla de Mallorca’ region to the ‘Migjorn’. Enjoyed reading the blog however having done virtually the same thing as you two years on the trot I would add / amend some points from our experiences. If you take the ‘ladies’ then the Campanet ride is a must and very pleasant and easy to do. Likewise go down the coast and then inland to ‘Petra’ again another easy ish, if not a tad long for the ladies ( 63 miles) ride but worth it. Randa, a small village just north of Llucmajor in the flatlands is where the climb starts. Your approach to it will be through the rural flatlands that make Mallorca such a tapestry of terrain. The road begins climbing with an average of about 5% and the official Strava segment starts with a signpost indicating the monastery of Santuari de Randa. Set in the heart of the Tramuntana Mountains, Sa Calobra can only be reached by first climbing one of the Sa Batalla, Puig Major or Oh, I should say, according to reader (and Strava-friend-of-the-blog) Ian, the lighthouse at Cap Formentor has a cafe that serves some of the best carrot cake he has ever tasted. Which doesn’t strike me as a particularly Mallorquin delicacy (or vegetable).Puig de Randa also features in our article sharing Mallorca’s best climbs 5. Santa Magdalena and La Victoria double Start location Even in the northwest of Mallorca, there are many scenic, flat roads and good cycle paths. Examples of some easy cycle routes in Mallorca include: S’Albufera Natura Park So, and I appreciate I’ve taken a bit of time getting here, I would certainly recommend you consider booking either a room or an apartment at Duva if you were coming to Puerto Pollensa out of season (or ‘in season’ from a cycling perspective). Given that they seem to be promoting quite heavily to the cycling (or otherwise sporty) crowd during non-holiday periods, it’s likely you will be surrounded by your bike-riding brethren. Finally, A Conclusion (Of Sorts)

You can reach the hermitage by bike in roughly an hour from Puerto Pollensa, if you take the route along the Ma-220 parallel to the bay of Pollensa, guaranteeing some of the most visually stunning cycling routes you’ve ever been on. The lower slopes are tree covered, which provides protection from the sun but (in the height of summer) reduces the opportunity for a cooling breeze. As you ascend, the number of trees reduce, but the steep slopes in places provide some shade*. takes a tunnel under the mountain. The descent over the other side into the town of Soller is even more impressive, with tight hairpin bends coming every 200m for nearly 6km. This is a fantastic route that you won't forget in a hurry.Lots of places to hire bikes from. I recommend Sport Bequi. The bay of Alcudia is also a great place for swimming. Get a cycle map of the island from local bike shops. Easy cycling near to the Alcudia and lots of rolling routes heading south towards the centre of the island. Mountains to the north and west. Buffet is from 1pm and I think it is closed at least one day a week. I seem to remember I was caught out when it was shut for holidays. You can make this into a circular route by joining it with the inland Tramuntana villages - featured at number 1 in our list of Mallorca's Lesser Known Cycling Routes. This is a truly unforgettable 65km loop which showcases the best of Mallorca, and is undoubtedly one of the Food is a highlight and eating outside on the hotel’s terrace overlooking the bay is a treat you won’t forget.

We love visiting these small towns and villages and feeling the real Mallorquin life as we sit, drink coffee and ride on to the next place. Once you summit, you have the option of riding into Lluc. It's also a great climb to start a loop taking in the Coll de Sa Batalla, Sa Calobraor Puig Major.David says “I started SunVelo in 2012 and from the word go wanted to ensure we have the best guides and the best, most inclusive atmosphere. Mallorca’s mild winters, the intense light and colour that pervades the spring, and the pleasant temperatures all year round make it ideal for active visitors.

When’s best to go biking in Mallorca, Spain? The island’s reputation is built on being an awesome place for early season training. But if you want to play it safe, don’t go too early. Snow is possible in January and February. November to the end of February is a quieter period for cycling in Mallorca and many cycling facilities (bike hire shops, hotels etc) may be shut or only open for limited hours during this period. Two shops, one in the centre of Sóller (Calle de la Luna, 72) and the other in Puerto Sóller (Paseo de Traves, 12). Compare that with the cost of a week’s road bike hire at Pro Cycle Hire, which varies between €140 and €182. For the lower cost you get a Massi carbon bike with 11-speed Ultegra; at the upper end of the scale you’re either looking at the same Massi carbon frame with Dura-ace gears, or a Van Nicholas titanium-framed bike (or a Colnago carbon frame) with Ultegra. Yes, I accept that I have committed the heinous cyclo-foto crime of taking the picture with the bike facing the wrong way around… The climb named on this route ‘Puig de Randa’ is achievable for most cyclists (4.4km / 5.6% average). You’ll reap great rewards with views of the entire island as the road circumnavigates to the peak at Cura Monastery. The monastery is still active and has a fantastic menu of local food and drink – a great motivational tool for the climb!A bike path on the sea-side of the road takes you much of the way along the bay road to Alcúdia. You can then head on normal roads to Mal Pas and all the way along the peninsula to La Victória. The highest point is 444 m. Be aware of all the non-cyclists on the bike path: skaters, runners, wind-surfers coming up from the beach… it’s one of the factors making this one different to other Mallorca bike routes. Port de Pollença – Alcúdia – Sa Pobla – Pollença – Port de Pollença loop What’s more, everyone knows the popular climb as Sa Calobra, but its official name is the Col dell Reis. Sa Calobra is the name of the town at the bottom. Mallorca’s roads Provide Specialized road bikes (aluminum and carbon) as well as city bikes, mountain bikes, electric bikes and children’s bikes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment