276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Timberland Pro Men's Boondock 6 Inch Composite Safety Toe Waterproof Industrial Work Boot

£90.12£180.24Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There’s a lot of confusion about these among people looking to buy a pair of work boots. Hopefully, the little table I’ve put together will help you understand what’s that all about! The waterproof membrane does its job perfectly thus far. This waterproof membrane goes up to where the gusseted tongue starts. Usually, I provide a bulleted list with some professions or industries I recommend these work boots to but based on what we’ve learned so far about these work bots I have only one thing to say. It’s quite wide, to be honest. Personally, I never had a boot that’s so wide. This was great for my friend Donny since he’s the one wearing them anyway. But there’s a lot of room inside that toe cap.

He’s saying his heels are a bit sore which might mean that he’s not comfortable wearing heeled work boots or he’s starting to develop mild plantar fasciitis. He’s mostly on unpolished concrete and tarmac but he finds himself walking on rebar, scaffold boards, or rough ground when he’s working in the yard. The deep lugs grab on to loose dirt which is kind of annoying. Still, I’d rather have that over slipping around in the mud. Fit and SizingOne of the differentiators, when you compare cheap work boots vs expensive work boots, is that cheap work boots smell pretty bad after wearing them for a few shifts. Personally, I like this lacing system better since it makes it easy to put my boots on and take them off at the end of the shift. Much better than having 7-8 or more rows of eyelets. Don’t get me wrong, the features in these boots are great … but for the amount of walking he needs to do, the boots are kinda heavy leaving him with very tired calves and legs at the end of his shift.

The insole is very comfortable to be honest but it doesn’t provide arch support. Being removable is great because you can add a better insole or something that suits you better. This is one I’ve never heard of before, but they are compliant with ASTM F1671-07 standards for Blood Borne Pathogen resistance. The boots are quite heavy compared to the majority of work boots I’ve reviewed. Fair enough, these are heavy-duty boots…but I wasn’t expecting them to be so heavy.

The outsole is made out of rubber and the deep lugs together with the heel will provide some great traction when working on soft ground. Donny said he liked that quite a lot since it’s hard to find a boot that fits well for him right out of the box, width-wise. By cementing the heel and only welting the boots ¾ of the way around, Timberland created a flexible yet durable boot that sits right in the middle ground of being highly durable but also highly flexible. I recommend going the eight-inch route if you’re looking for full-scale protection and support. Jobs that require this include safety guards, loggers, military personnel, and certain police forces.

So as long as the waterproof membrane doesn’t get punctured, water will never come into his boots. Are they lightweight?How much do they weigh? I’m a moderator on the work boots sub on Reddit and here’s what some of our redditors have to say about these boots: Join the sub here. 1. The waterproofing doesn’t last Boy, these boots are massive! At least compared to other Timberland PRO work boots I’ve had, such as this Timberland Pit Boss boot. You can easily buff out light scratches just using your finger, no oil or cloth necessary. In fact, a lot of light wear disappears on its own, blending into the distressed style of the leather. Usually, that’s where I stop when making comments in this section. But I have to say that I was caught by surprise when I put the boots on for the first time.But remember, Donny has wide feet so if you’re like me and have a regular width foot, (D) then these boots will run large for you. Heel height The short answer is no. While I have no doubt there are crafty cobblers out there that can resole these, it’s unlikely that it would function as well afterwards, plus they almost certainly couldn’t find the same outsole.

It also comes with a fiberglass shank that’s going to be really supportive for your aches if you hit the shovel a lot or if you go up and down stairs and ladders like Donny does. Are they true to size? Do they run small or large? I’m not sure what the eyelets and the speed hooks are made of but they seem quite heavy-duty (it could be steel, but don’t quote me on that). 4. Boot construction type

But the stitches are holding up well, there are no signs of damage to the eyelets or speed hooks, and even the laces are still in good shape. They’re not the cheapest pair of work boots out there but they’re not the most expensive ones either. In my experience, this look is easy to restore and maintain, especially since it hides scuffs and scratches effectively. Donny replaced the original insoles with a pair of Superfeet Green because he needs some arch support. Another good detail is the anti-scuffs rubber toe cover. This is a great feature for those of you that kneel, crawl and crunch a lot.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment