276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Holiday Home: A completely unputdownable and addictive psychological thriller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Tensions rise and get worse when Nicola discovers a message on Ryan’s phone which makes her think he might be having an affair with her best friend. Unfortunately what she discovers can change all their lives forever. MY THOUGHTS: The Holiday Home is told from multiple points of view - Host Lewis and his teenage son Cole, Nicola and her husband Ryan. This mostly works well, although there is a little duplication. I sit sipping champagne in the warm water, bubbles frothing around me as I admire the breathtaking view of gorgeous blue skies and mountains. I can’t believe I’m here, at this stunning holiday home. It’s to die for… Thank you @bookouture, @netgalley and author @danielhurst for this advanced copy, which is available March 1, 2023.

Infidelity, betrayal, cheaters, lies, jealousy, and secrets are exposed. Tempers explode. There are also financial troubles. An overheard conversation in the hot tub, a text, a teen boy, and secrets turn into an explosive showdown. Loads of DRAMA! A nice getaway with friends turns into a nightmare. Kim and Lewis invite friends Nicola and Ryan on a vacation to their cabin in Scotland.Thank you Netgalley, Bookouture and Daniel Hurst for letting me read “The Holiday Home” in exchange for an honest review. Thank you NetGalley and Bookouture for sharing this thrilling arc with me. Your kindness is appreciated. Nicola, Ryan and their daughter Emily join her long-time friend Kim, husband Lewis and son Cole for a weekend getaway to Lewis and Kim's luxury cottage. A time for the two families to relax and pamper themselves with champagne, great food and even a hot tub!

If you are new to Hurst, I recommend starting with The Couple in the Cabin, which was one of my favorites by Daniel. I am still a big fan and look forward to his next book. I also enjoy his newsletters interacting with readers.Some of Daniel Hurst's books are much better than others and, unfortunately, "The Holiday Home" is not one of Daniel Hurst's best books. In a secluded Holiday Home in the rural hills of Scotland, two couples and two children plan a nice getaway for a long weekend. The home is owned by Kim & Lewis and is a high-scaled luxury cabin and a second home. Nicola & Ryan have been invited to stay with them. Kim and Nicola have been friends since high school, but Ryan and Lewis have varying opinions of each other.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment