276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ayoade on Ayoade: A Cinematic Odyssey

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Dams, Tim (28 May 2020). "BAFTA Sets New July Dates for Postponed Television and Craft Awards". Variety . Retrieved 29 May 2020. However it's more than just that. It is entirely held together by a series of footnotes, in fact nearly half of the book is just footnotes. It would make David Foster Wallace proud but made navigating this book on my Kindle a task akin to Dante's journey through the Inferno. The footnotes are full anecdotes within themselves, made up of letters and diary entries and strange Pinteresque short film scripts. The book's subtitle, "A Cinematic Odyssey", is really the best description of it. Denham, Jess (18 May 2014). "TV Baftas 2014: Winners' list in full from Broadchurch to Southcliffe". The Independent . Retrieved 22 June 2014. I caught Richard Ayoade on The Graham Norton Show regaling the couch with a description of his new book and I knew I had to read it asap.

Scott, A.O. (2 June 2011). "Coming of Age, and Then to Terms". The New York Times . Retrieved 6 March 2018. Ritman, Alex (16 March 2017). "Timothy Spall, Richard Ayoade Board Aardman's 'Early Man' as Teaser Trailer Debuts". The Hollywood Reporter . Retrieved 7 March 2018.Gordon, Jeremy (17 June 2016). "Watch Radiohead's New Short Video Directed by Richard Ayoade". Pitchfork . Retrieved 7 March 2018. Ayoade has written three comedic film–focused books: Ayoade on Ayoade: A Cinematic Odyssey (2014), The Grip of Film (2017), and Ayoade on Top (2019). He wrote the children's book The Book That No One Wanted to Read (2022) [4] and is writing a picture book called The Fairy Tale Fan Club. [5]

For whatever reason (perhaps the same reason that sometimes The Wiggles’ sole line of “fruit salad, yummy yummy”, will course through my mind while I’m in a Professional Business Meeting, or 26m below the Java Sea, or mid-coitus, or any other yummy yummy fruit salad-absent scenario), scenes from Top have followed me ever since that fateful summer. Pearson, Catherine (10 January 2018). "Richard Ayoade's 9 greatest TV moments". Digital Spy . Retrieved 6 March 2018.Ayoade on Ayoade' is a playful, funny parody of those earnest books which fawn over auteurs and deconstruct their work for meta levels of meaning. That Richard Ayoade is so willing to poke fun at this, whilst apparently engaging with it in his own films, made me like him even more - and I already like him a lot. Richard Ellef Ayoade ( / ˌ aɪ oʊ ˈ ɑː d i/ EYE-oh- AH-dee; born 23 May 1977) is a British [1] [2] comedian, actor, broadcaster, and filmmaker. [3] He played the role of socially awkward IT technician Maurice Moss in Channel 4 sitcom The IT Crowd (2006–2013), for which he won the 2014 BAFTA for Best Male Comedy Performance. It’s after about 67 Gwenyth in Paris mental appearances that I come across Richard Ayoade and become a fan. I have absolutely no reason to think the two would ever cross paths. Yet lo and behold, around the 140th time I think of Gwenyth in Paris, the two worlds meet, and in long form no less. Ayoade has written an entire book on an average but lowkey charming VCD movie I watched one time but couldn’t quite forget. Of course he has. Gritten, David (10 March 2011). "Richard Ayoade: Hidden depths of the bashful filmmaker". The Daily Telegraph. Archived from the original on 12 January 2022 . Retrieved 7 March 2018. He’s even a prominent music video director, having directed videos for the likes of The Arctic Monkeys and Kasabian.

Taylor, Frances (7 July 2017). "As host of The Crystal Maze, Richard Ayoade is actually even better than Richard O'Brien". Radio Times . Retrieved 8 October 2019. Fletcher, Alex (1 May 2013). "Richard Ayoade replaces Stephen Fry on Channel 4's 'Gadget Man' ". Digital Spy . Retrieved 8 March 2018. Bose, Swapnil Dhruv (19 October 2021). "Richard Ayoade names his 10 favourite films of all time". Far Out Magazine . Retrieved 21 August 2022. British actor and filmmaker Richard Ayoade is well known for his particular brand of comedy Harrison, Andrew (10 February 2015). "Totally Mexico! How the Nathan Barley nightmare came true". The Guardian . Retrieved 16 June 2016. Anders, Charlie Jane (2 April 2014). "The Failed U.S. Remake Of The IT Crowd Is Fascinating To Watch". Gizmodo . Retrieved 26 January 2018.Evans, Bradford (26 February 2014). "Richard Ayoade Signs a Deal to Write Three Books About Film". Vulture . Retrieved 8 March 2022.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment