276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gel Heel Protectors, Clear

£1.125£2.25Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s obvious that blisters can cause untold misery to walkers, not just for the immediate pain they cause but also for the potential infections that can occur if bacteria manages to get inside the exposed wound. Problems occur when the bubble bursts and all the lovely, gooey liquid seeps out leaving the exposed and undeveloped new skin vulnerable to all manner of airborne nasties. Second, the glue doesn’t last as long as Compeed patches and I generally got two days max use out of them before they peeled off, although in the long run these KT Tape plasters still work out as the cheaper option.

For the infection to be diagnosed a small tissue sample may be taken after which they will likely prescribe antibiotics either in the form of an oral tablet or a cream or ointment that is applied directly to the affected area. Thankfully though, there are several very effective products that you can use to protect your feet from the ravages of blisters, most of which prevent the rubbing from occurring by adding a barrier between the foot and the shoe. Blisters are bubbles of fluid that form under the top layers of skin when excessive friction causes the layers to separate.

Unfortunately, the raw skin under this bubble of fluid can become very sore to the touch, and if the bubble bursts there is a chance it can become infected. Remember that the fluid that fills the blister bubble keeps infection at bay, so popping it yourself will prevent your body’s natural protection and you could introduce bacteria into the wound. Well… no, they don’t, and my faith in cheapo plasters disappeared completely after a friend recommended Compeed which are superior in every possible way, which is why I now happily recommend them to everyone. If you like to expose your feet (high heels etc) you’ll be pleased to know Compeed patches are semitransparent so once applied they’re barely noticeable, and if you’re covering up a pre-existing blister they have a deep cushioning layer which allows you to get on with your day when you’d otherwise feel every touch against the exposed raw skin.

Heel pain relief ✔ Help relieve severe heel pain and discomfort from your sore hurting heels, heel spur treatment, bone spurs, aching feet, aches, stress fractures, bruised, and sprained feet. They can even help with sharp extreme heel soreness and swollen ankles Spend the money and get the best pair you can afford and ensure the ball of the foot fits comfortably inside the widest part. This fluid – called serum – cushions and protects the layers of exposed skin and encourages new skin to grow.I write this having returned from a fantastic week in the Morar peninsula that was somewhat marred on the last day when my other half ended up with a couple of very painful blisters on her feet caused by ill-fitting shoes, as you can see in the photos above (no, they’re not my feet. Wrong colour nail polish). It’s that last point that sees me purchasing new boxes of Ballotte heel protectors every month as they’re great to use with running shoes, but note that your feet will get a wee bit sweaty if you wear them all day and if you use them a lot they’ll start tearing after a week or so. Second, they contain a special hydrocolloid gel (which provides moistness) to encourage new skin growth and I have to say whenever I’ve had a blister they always seem to heal faster in a Compeed patch than when I just leave them open to the air, admittedly because whenever I do that the fluid bubble inevitably pops too early.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment