276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Understanding A. D. H. D. A Parent's Guide to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children

£9.995£19.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Danielle’s note: I would highly recommend this book to folks who are relatively new to what ADHD is, what it looks like, or how to handle and support a child with ADHD. The book is laid out well, easy to understand, and based on the current science and educational psychology of ADHD. I can personally attest that a lot of these methods work astonishingly well. ADHD makes it difficult for a child to pay attention to tasks. It also leads to impulsive behavior, which means the affected individual often acts without thinking. ADHD kids may also struggle with problem-solving and self-regulation, with more extreme versions of the condition affecting self-esteem. ADHD can look different from one child to the next. But one universal quality of children with ADHD seems to be that theycan uniquely frustrate parents to their limits—I speak with authority on this point as an ADHD former child myself, with a rich history in this particular area of the parent/ADHD child relationships. Quirky Kids: Understanding and Helping Your Child Who Doesn’t Fit In - When to Worry and When Not to Worry

Kids with ADHD often have difficulty with emotional regulation, meaning it's especially hard to control their emotions whether they are sad or angry.

And to be clear, we are not opposed to ADHD medication or stimulants in the slightest. I take Vyvanse daily in addition to several of the supplements Dr. Greenblatt recommends. Speechify also has several useful features that may help you learn faster. You can speed up the reader to four times the normal human speaking speed. Plus, it’s available in over 14 languagesand offers you a choice of narrators. The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children

I certainly plan to recommend this book to parents….It empowers parents to take charge of the life of their child with ADHD rather than feel constantly distressed and overwhelmed by the special needs of these unique children.” Monastra offers insights into daily routines, homework, and school issues, making it a practical guide for any parent. The Explosive ChildMany parents of children with ADHD have written about their experiences. Often, how a child acts because of ADHD is familiar to other children with ADHD. The book advises readers on how to get an accurate diagnosis for their child. It also covers useful parenting techniques and shows you how taking a reward-based approach often yields better results than punishment. Quirky Kids: Understanding and Helping Your Child Who Doesn’t Fit In – When to Worry and When Not to Worry If learning more about your child's condition is on your “to-do” list, one of these books might be just what you need to get started. How We Found The Best ADHD Parenting Books

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment