276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Metaxa Private Reserve 70 cl Gift Set, The Original Greek Spirit

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The fruit flavors that are present resemble riper, heartier fruits like peaches or raisins rather than light citrus fruits. I opened and compared it and after already being disappointed I was even more since they dont really differ in taste. This private reserve brandy is created in a single batch once a year, so don’t delay getting your hands on a bottle. Metaxa 7 Stars takes it up a notch with a sweeter honeyed note, and the 12 Stars offer a light hint of citrus. This unique Metaxa is extra matured in oak barrels for a deeper, smoother flavour infusion packed with aromas of cinnamon, ginger, caramel and aged oak.

A unique sensation on the palate with sweet spice, dry prune, a hint of grape syrup, and subtle oak. Its base brandies come mostly (80%) from Spain and Italy, and the rest from Greece, where they are distilled from sun-dried grapes.This heavenly spirit that is not quite a brandy or a cognac yet takes you on a journey to Greece that you will want to re-take time and time again. The youngest spirit blended into Metaxa 12 Stars has matured for 12 years, resulting in a well-balanced Metaxa with incredible depth. Also sign me up for newsletters so I can get special offers, recommendations, and expert advice to my inbox! The blend is then aged for a further year in oak barrels, cold-filtered and bottled, ready to delight its new owner.

As an introduction to the best Metaxa brandy, Metaxa 5 Stars sets the bar high with its light floral and fruity notes. While the brewery keeps the exact ingredients and amounts secret for its recipe’s sake, it’s known to include May roses and other local Mediterranean herbs that are added before aging. The best Metaxa brandy is more than the sum of its parts, blended to perfection; this mix of brandy and wine is a masterclass of Greek spirits know-how. Given that Metaxa is as unique as they come, they don’t have a master distiller, nor a master blender. If you manage to get one of the older types that has been aged for so many years, make sure to sip it slowly and enjoy the liquor as it is rare and very desirable!Metaxa uses sweet Muscat wines sourced from the island, which are aged several years and so somewhat oxidized. This cookie is set by Rubicon Project to control synchronization of user identification and exchange of user data between various ad services. You know exactly what you’re in for as soon as you get a whiff of the Metaxa Private Reserve, as burnt oak wafts a gentle plume of dark chocolate orange and roasted coffee. The white in the design represents Cycladic architecture, the blue for the Aegean Sea, and the bright gold for the sun.

The Metaxa Brandy Collection Star rating represents the minimum number of years the spirit has aged in the barrel.

Construction of a distillery began immediately with the building conveniently situated in the Athenean port of Piraeus. A Metaxa made with a blend of cask brandies aged up to 80 years, aromatic Muscat wine, and delicate botanicals. Still, the Grande Fine infuses all the Stars in a stunning decanter that tastes incredible and makes a gorgeous gift. Mediterranean botanicals are added as part of the finishing process, including May rose, also a component of Chanel No. You’ll see under “types of Metaxa” that there are generally just a few differently aged wines, but this is important if you know which tastes you enjoy and which you don’t enjoy.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment