276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ENDGAME GEAR MPC450 Cordura® Gaming Mousepad - 45x40cm - CORDURA® Fabric - Non-slip - Stealth Edition - black

£39.995£79.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

TL;DR: I hope that companies will start making their mousepads less intrusive design-wise whilst keeping it brand orientated. Size: Medium mousepads are a popular choice among gamers because they offer a balance between space and portability. They provide enough room for smooth and precise mouse movements, allowing for greater control in games. Material: Cordura is a high-performance, durable material commonly used in military and outdoor gear. The surface of a Cordura mousepad is very smooth and low-friction, allowing for fast and accurate mouse movements. The material is also resistant to water and stains, which makes it easy to clean and maintain. The bottom is made of natural rubberized material which helps to keep the pad in place when you’re dragging your mouse around on it.

Finally, once the grip tape is properly applied, use a sharp hobby knife or scissors to trim any excess grip tape from around the edges of your mouse. Trimming the edges gives your mouse a clean and finished look.

I’ll start of by answering a question that’s probably on a lot of minds right now: what exactly is Cordura? Well, Cordura is a specific type of fabric usually made out of nylon (though there are many variations) that’s mainly used for military and outdoor usage due to its resistance to tearing, scuffing, and so on. With the MPC450 , Endgame Gear focused on making a professional gaming e-sports mousepad suitable for tournament use. The Endgame Gear MPC450's 45 x 40cm textile surface has excellent sliding properties and is optimized for optical sensors.

Moments of intense gaming usually have me dragging my mouse all over the place, but the rubberized base of the mousepad did well to keep it in place no matter where I dragged the mouse to. That’s not a dig at this pad, though. This is a speed pad and it’s a great one at that. From the surprisingly smooth feeling but super heavy duty (when it comes to spills and tears) surface to the impressive firmness of the foam underneath: this is a high quality fast mousepad with a very interesting surface. It’s not for me (I prefer control) but if you’ve got a need for speed this should be on your list without any doubt. The Endgame Gear MPC450 Cordura Mousepad requires very little maintenance. If you have any spills, dirt, or stains, a simple wipedown will take care of it more often than not.Adding from the point above, do not break in newly-installed skates or use a new mouse using this pad. I've played with the OOX for a few hours - which has really scratchy skates out of the box, the pad slowed down tremendously because of it. The very first impression of the pad was extremely good but highly worrisome when using my XM1/MM711 on it. The Cordura fabric is unlike any other that I have tested so far. When moving your mouse on the surface, it is perfectly fine, it glides extremely well and I have not noticed a big difference between vertical/horizontal speed (horizontal speed being a tad faster than vertical). The issue itself comes from the cable of both mice. Let me try to explain in the easiest way possible. Imagine having a 3d poster, and scratching it with your fingernails. Are you getting shivers? I for sure am. Now, you can't really hear it, it is very faint and you really have to be throwing your mosue around (like my stupid ass) to hear that sound, but from time to time, it would creep in. Is that a deal breaker? Not at all, since you can barely hear it, but I would imagine that for some people, it could get slightly annoying.

Once you have removed all the old skates from the base your mouse, give the surface a clean by using rubbing alcohol (Isopropyl). This will remove any excess adhesive that may still be present. Leave the mouse to dry, and then it's time to apply the new ones.

The top is very strong, abrasive resistant, tear-resistant, and water-resistant. For something that’s going to be sitting in one spot more often than not, the chances of ruining it are slim to none. When you're looking to switch out your skates, you’ll need to choose replacements that fit your specific model of mouse due to each mouse having a different layout on its base where the skates are installed. The exception being brands who use the same mouse chassis for multiple models, but that will be mentioned on the skates product description. So enough of that, I've wanted to share my findings on how to prolong your mousepad's (mpc450) glide based on my experience. here are a few points I want to share I tested a few mice on the mousepad, and they all felt nice. I did notice that the mice with PTFE feet ran smoother than the ones without, but that’s not really a surprise. Also, the lighter mice felt faster than the heavier ones. Again, no surprise, but it’s good to know what to expect depending on the type of mouse you’ve got. Of course the pad could be bulletproof (it isn’t: don’t get any ideas) but all of that doesn’t matter if the glide isn’t pleasant so let’s get to that. If your answer to the question ‘how much speed do you want’ is ‘yes’ then this might be the ultimate pad for you because this is a fast one. In fact it’s one of the fastest cloth (orcloth -ishin this case) pads I’ve used so far but due to the fact that there’s still some texturing on the surface micro adjustments don’t become an impossible task. Don’t get me wrong: you’re not getting anywhere near the controlling feeling of slower pads but you’re also not getting the ‘on ice’ feeling you get out of some hard pads.

Fast forward to today, and I have to say it's slowed down so much to the point where I don't want to use it anymore. After washing it for about 4 times since I've had it, waves/bumps started to form and made it feel like an inconsistent mess. I am also really delicate with how I handle my pads, so it's not a me issue. Even a broken-in scratched up helios feels better than this. Concerns might be raised over the comfort of a fabric that’s made for rugged military people and outdoorsy survivor types but I didn’t experience any discomfort whatsoever. I absolutely hate the feeling of coarse textures grinding across my forearm as I perform large swipes for an entire evening so I was a bit concerned when I started reading up on Cordura but I’ve got to say that the MPC450 feels great. The mouse surface itself feels smooth enough and the stitching, while not the finest or most high quality stitching job, didn’t annoy me either. The rubber base also did its job of keeping the pad where I put it and the padding underneath the surface is nice and firm so that’s all aces too. The water resistance in particular comes in handy here too. Let’s face it, there’s a good chance you’ll spill some tea or water on the pad at some point. Just rub it with a cloth and you’re good as new! Cost Sometimes, manufacturers tend to sacrifice aesthetics for ruggedness in an attempt to make a durable product. It’s often a fair trade, but I absolutely love products that look nice and are also made of quality, durable material. That’s the case with the MPC450 here.

The surface of the Endgame Gear MPC450 is dark blue and this refresh features an updated design for the manufacturer's logo in the upper right corner. A yellow stitching on the outer edges serves as a decorative element and the sewn-in label identifies this high-end mousepad as an authentic CORDURA® product. Endgame Gear keep surprising me. Their XM1 is a mouse that I quite often recommend to people looking for a claw grip mouse, and I suspect that I’ll find myself recommending this pad quite often too. As is the case with every product it won’t be for everyone: if you desire control or don’t like a very fast pad then this absolutely isn’t for you. There’s a surprising amount of ‘micro control’ for a mousepad this fast but it’s still nowhere near what you expect out of a more controlling surface. You can use the spudger or knife on its own without using the hairdryer, especially if you're unsure of how long to heat the feet up by. This may leave traces of glue on the bottom of the mouse however, which will need to be removed before attaching the new mouse feet.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment