276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Fell in Love with Hope: A Novel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There’s so much representation (that’s why it’s easy to find yourself in the characters) and everything was very well organized. And then when Real-Sam died, does that mean Narrator-Sam had to wait at least nineteen more years to meet Hikari? Sam’s genderfluidity was not genuine in the slightest. Remember, Sam is the incarnation of the hospital. They created a body for themself. We’re greedy creatures, but not ungrateful. You don’t have to partake in destruction to admire the weapons. when it comes to the triggering content of the book, which happens to be present all the time because, apparently, life is awful, i do have some points to make. essentially, the author gets you attached to the characters to then make them endure endless suffering because that's how life is. while i have no issue with the depiction of mental illnesses or diseases or anything of the such, i do have an issue when it ends up being almost romanticized and harmfully portrayed. all of the characters needed therapy and yet none of them had it and you could tell. and before you all come from me, i'm also a chronically-ill teenager, and i found it really hard to resonate with this story.

last character to join the friend group is hikari, and i personally felt indifferent about her. i just loved neo, coeur and sony so much like they genuinely melted my heart but with hikari and sam you basically get the gist of their relationship from the title. the entire time sam is very reluctant to believe in hope as their past has traumatized them. Edit: As much as I love the book I think I'd like to tell my own criticism with the book, as an non binary person I don't think I *personally* thought the rep was good, I don't exactly know how to put it in words but a Goodreads review did put it properly. That's all. Do you think people will remember us?” Sony asks, staring at the sky, toying with her collar. C caresses his scars and the lightning in them. Neo shifts protruding bones against his seat. Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Libra Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Librarians Group is the official group for requesting additions or updates to the catalog, including:They get glossed over. Everyone ignores everyone else’s obvious signs of decay. Their diseases get swept to the sidelines.

The conventionally attractive loud girl whose only qualities are conventional attractiveness and an overwhelming presence? Totally hasn’t been done before. Yeah!” Sony chimes in. “Like when you kill somebody, so they kill you. Like karma! That’s how quid pro quo works.” It would have been better if Sam wasn’t the hospital’s incarnation. It just created a massive plot hole and lots of inconsistencies. Where were you?” Eric asks. His under-eye bags and dark hair match in color, his arms crossed on his chest. He’s worried about us, otherwise, he wouldn’t have made the trip all the way down here to wrangle us home. There’s tragedy, there’s romance, there’s mystery, there’s humor, and lots of Shakespeare references.Sam's life would become a heartbreaking environment when the person he loves most in the world makes the decision to take his own life in front of his eyes, someone whose light of hope illuminated every corner of that inhospitable hospital where they had to stay. Sam is a boy with a chronic illness, where his life depends on a very thin thread that can be cut at any moment. However, not everything will be dark and heartbreaking, as in the company of his friends Sony, Neo and Coeur he will be able to distract himself from his bitter reality, Sam gave them part of his heart and soul even though his own heart has stopped working as it should. But there was still a spark of hope within himself, praying to the heavens that everything would be different, until he unexpectedly joins the clan of the funny guys, someone who will turn Sam's world upside down. Characters I want a friend like Sony, and I honestly want to be more like her. She was this ray of sunshine in all of this. She managed to persevere through everything and was as strong as ever. I'm nothing like her if I'm being completely honest. She is strong and friendly and loud and so kind, and I just know she gave the warmest hugs. The writing style itself is beautiful and flows so smoothly that I fell in love with every part of the book. He points at Neo—“You have surgery tomorrow”—and to C—“and you have an echo appointment”—then to Sony—“and you aren’t even supposed to be out of bed. Now get upstairs!”

if i had to write a review for this book to sum up my words and the praise for it, i'd fail. maybe someday i'll be able to write down coherent thoughts but for now, my love of prose and tragedies has been fed and reading this made me cry 4 times: a new record. i had previously halfway read another of lancali's works on wattpad, but quit it for the same reason i did not enjoy this book: it reads like a tumblr inspiration board that miraculously made it through editing. now, if this is something you enjoy, this book might just be your cup of tea, but in my case it provoked copious amounts of cringe. Eric, Eric—first of all—are those new scrubs?” Sony asks, pointing smoothly up and down. “They really bring color to your face—” Sony, you’re an idiot,” Neo says, grabbing a pen and notebook wedged in his chair and slamming the book open, and scribbles, 4:05 p.m.: Sony is an idiot.Fresh air, huh?” Eric scowls, unconvinced. “Did you forget we have an entire floor dedicated to that?” He’s referring to the garden on the sixth floor. And later, Sam describes themself as essentially looking like nothing you can describe and everything you can imagine at once, meaning they have no set appearance.

Neo doesn’t just write stories, he becomes them. Most of the little things he writes ring true, give a certain chill, but then again, most little things he writes get erased or tossed away. That’s how it’s always been. Normally I don’t mind, or critique, prose at all when reading stuff, but as a contemporary novel where nothing really happens, the book relied heavily on it to provide interest. Because, on a plot basis, without the John Green-esque poetic musings of the characters or the extremely metaphorical descriptions, the story isn’t particularly intriguing.Against the unforgiving landscape of a hospital, a group of terminally ill patients embraces the joys within their reach: friendship, freedom, rebellion. Each in their own way is broken; each in their own way is stronger for it. Funny how memory works, isn't it? You remember what is strange more than what is normal. The normal days blend together, but the in between moments stand out." Before I get into the dangerous portrayals, I’ll explain what I mean for the latter. The reasons it felt as though the illnesses were just plot devices was because they weren’t important until they were, if that makes sense. For example, there are moments where the characters are so obviously doing things that should be nearly impossible given the severity of their illnesses, but unless the scene was specifically ABOUT their illnesses, they were just… fine.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment