276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Endura MT500 Spray MTB Pants

£52.45£104.90Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The pull-on style has a wide, stretchy yoga-legging style waist band, which hugs the hips and is great news if you’re curvy, and if ordinary trousers have a tendency to gape at the rear on you. A drawstring also means you can tighten and secure it to give a little more secure fit. However, I did find that these trousers had a tendency to pull down a little when riding – a problem we didn’t experience on the similarly designed Shredly MTB Shorts – possibly because of the pull of the fabric when worn over kneepads. The fabric is think with four-way stretch plus a DWR coating to ward off drizzle and splashes. Inside, a soft facing feels good against bare skin. Sizing is true to size with a generous cut but without being baggy, and waist adjusters allow you to customise the fit, plus belt loops mean you can add a belt if you want.. A tapered leg plus elasticated hems makes getting them on and off easy.

Chain reaction Cycles and CRC are trading names of Wiggle Ltd (In Administration) registered in the United Kingdom at 1000 Lakeside, Suite 310, Third Floor N E Wing, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3EN, The mountain bike race circuit puts huge demands on riders and kit and it’s the ultimate real-world testing ground when creating new apparel. With design input and development with the Athertons, the MT500 Burner Pants deliver an outstanding riding pant for downhill, enduro and trail use. You might expect a more relaxed fit with baggy in the title, but don’t be fooled into thinking these are a shapeless offering – far from it. In the UK we are just coming to the end of one of the wettest winters in recent memory and I have probably worn these trousers about 20 times in the last 3 months, for pedally epics, E-Bike missions and even on the uplift. Normal riding kit has pretty much been stored away and I feel like I know these pants inside out.Winter can provide some of the most epic riding days with cool, crisp air and snow-dusted trails. Reset the thermostat with the new MT500 Freezing Point Trouser and make even the coldest winter day a riding day. Knee pads are a must for serious mountain biking. The cut of these pants ensures that you can wear them in unrestricted comfort. While Rapha might be a brand more often associated with road cycling, its trail mountain bike range is impressive, and we found these offered comparable performance to the Troy Lee Skyline trousers during testing. My first winter’s riding was this tight and waterproof combo - and the additional faff of three layers (liner shorts, tights, waterproofs) was just that - a faff. And having three layers often meant a slippy feeling on the saddle. Also as things warmed up, temperature regulation became an issue. Yes, I own thermal bib tights with pad - but then you’re washing an enormous, expensive garment after every ride - not a cheap liner short. Part of the award-winning MT500 Collection, Endura have seriously turned up the All-mountain dial to create the latest and greatest iteration of the best-selling MT500 Waterproof Trouser II. Collection of choice for Dowhill Legends the Athertons. Full length leg zips feature improved venting options and offer easy on off with shoes on. The new, more durable ExoShell40DR™ fabric and styling update to keep them in line with the rest of the revamped MT500 waterproof collection, these are sure to be your go to wet weather trousers for rides to come. PFC-Free and built to last this product now also has strong environmental credentials and is MADEKIND. EXOSHELL40DR™

Long gone are the days of heavy, shapeless motocross pants; modern mountain bike trousers come in a range of technical fabrics to suit different conditions and there are more choices than ever for women. They’re an increasingly popular alternative to shorts, with lots of different options on the market.

Clothing Size Guide

All in all, I highly rate the Endura MT500 Freezing Point Trousers. They make riding in properly-arctic conditions enjoyable, practical, comfortable, and faff-free. Just watch the sizing. The MT500 Burner Pants are and outstanding riding pant for downhill, enduro and trail use. And they’ve been tried and tested by Dan and Gee Atherton so you can be sure they’re going to offer top-notch performance. Durability is built-in, with the tough Nylon construction shrugging off the cuts and scrapes of regular riding. Around the seat panel, which will naturally see a lot of wear, durability is particularly good. Reasons to buy: Lightweight and airy. Great fit and comfort. Well priced considering the quality, fit and performance. Women’s version also available

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment