276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Vacmaster Cardio54 - Fitness and Gym Cooling Floor Fan with Remote Control - Powerful and Low Noise 3 Speed Fan - Ideal for Indoor Cycling, Running and HIIT Workouts

£49.995£99.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As previously mentioned, some of the fans on test are representations of countless other very similar, sometimes identical, fans on the market. Many of the details in this section are included for reference and comparison to other fans you may be considering. Basic 9″ desk fan All that said, the Vacmaster, at half the price of the Wahoo and, crucially, with its push-button remote control, edges it into first place for me. The ease of use of the standard remote is essential for me with these high powered fans. That high power is a blessing and a curse and on-the-go adjustment is essential as ride intensity changes. Air movers and floor fans provide a powerful, targeted airflow, making them ideal for a wide range of industrial and domestic applications. There are a range of fans available, including tower, desk, floor and pedestal. Our air mover is a powerful, tilting, compact fan that can positioned on a floor, table or even mounted onto a wall. Turbo air fans like this are ideal for tradespeople and DIY enthusiasts for drying plaster, water leaks and paint. Whilst our cardio fitness fan with remote control has been specifically designed to enhance indoor training sessions, providing lifelike windspeeds of up to 54km/h for indoor cycling, running and more. That’s arguably the single biggest reason to have a connected fan like this. If you link the fan to your trainer, then as soon as the trainer activates some power floor, it’ll start pedaling. However, the one thing to keep in mind is that if you tie the fan speed to either power or speed values, that means while you descend it could cause the fan to decrease power/wind or even turn off. Thus, I’d strongly recommend instead aiming for connecting to heart rate, if anything at all.

While further testing is required to find a true answer for this, my personal belief is that the body was capable of dissipating heat at the same rate across all three high-performing fans for the 30-minute steady effort test. Based on my subjective rating for each fan during the testing and over a longer period of indoor riding, I believe follow-up testing with longer or more intense riding might further separate the fans, but more on this later. Alternatives: DeWalt CentriFugal Air Mover / X-Power Mini Mighty Air Mover / Vacmaster 550 CFM Air Mover The rate at which water leaves through the drain corresponds to the heat transfer to the environment. Much like the Vacmaster, the Headwind is powerful enough to be uncomfortable for all but the hardest efforts in average room temperature environments. I found myself most often using the middle two-speed settings in my relatively chilly garage. Again, like the Vacmaster, the limited standing positions are less versatile than angle adjustable fans. That said, Wahoo has included two foot positions for placing the fan on the floor or desk and the Headwind channels the air nicely onto the body from both positions.Core regularly conducts similar tests with some of the most elite athletes in the world – such as the Olympic gold medal-winning Norwegian triathlon team – and sports clothing brands to assess the cooling capabilities of their fabrics. In this case, the same principles were applied to evaluate and comparedifferent fans as a source of external cooling. I’ve rarely gone beyond the lowest setting, which is plenty powerful enough for most of my body-cooling needs. The high setting nearly blows me of the bike. In this analogy, heat transfer coefficient would correspond to the diameter of the drain pipe. This makes it clear now why the better fans “max out” – if the drain is large enough to drain all the water you put in, even increasing the pipe diameter will not let more water through. However, if you increase the water input, jamming will occur at some point even for the “larger diameters”. Michele Zahner

Versus the Wahoo Headwind, of course, it’s a bargain. The Wahoo unit, for which fan speed can be controlled actively by your speed, heart rate or an app, costs about 2.3x more.

Actually, that’s not quite true, I got it for Christmas from my wife. That’s right, I have given my permission for her to take paid employment. Elite doesn’t specify on their technical specs the exact levels or microns of stuff it’ll remove, instead saying “Activated carbon filtration is a technique used for air purification, where a gas stream is passed through a filter that contains activated carbon. This filtration process takes advantage of the porous structure of activated carbon, allowing it to effectively absorb various volatile organic compounds found in the air, thus removing air pollutants.” If you don’t have much money to spend on a fan and/or the fan needs to fit in a very tiny space, the Honeywell HT-900 Super Turbo Table Fan is your answer. It’s small, but punches above its weight by moving more air than other budget desk fans. The rate at which you pour water into the sink corresponds to the waste heat you generate within the body during exercise.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment