276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Princes Black Cherry Fillings and Toppings, 410g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The perfect dessert for any occasion - you can serve these cupcakes for the holidays, birthdays, Valentine's Day, or just whenever!

Moist chocolatey cupcake base- these chocolate cupcakes are moist, fudgy, and full of rich chocolate flavor! Flavoring– almonds and cherries are always a great combination so, you can add 1/4 teaspoon almond extract to the sweet cherries mixture. Or you can use 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. This was some high-heresy for a girl raised awfully close to ‘The Cherry Capital of the World’.* Why I thought cherries were gross I can attribute to two reasons: A) I didn’t like the whole spit-the-pit thing. I was a tidy child. B) The only way to eat cherries sans pits, as far as I knew, was maraschino cherries and I still maintain that those are disgusting. For chocolate cupcakes, I like to use these chocolate brown cupcake linersfor a more seamless look! This filling will stay in the fridge for a week but can be frozen in the freezer for up to 3 months.

Ingredients

Roll out the pastry onto a lightly floured work surface until it is 7cm/2¾in larger in diameter than the pie dish. Cut two or three long strips from the edges of the pastry (2.5cm/1in wide). Crumble the Cake. To get started, crumble your baked, cooled cake into small pieces. You can also use slices, but crumbles are easier to make even layers with. Tip the dough out onto a clean work surface and bring together with your hands. Wrap tightly in cling film and place in the fridge to firm up for about 4 hours.

Can you freeze homemade cherry pie filling? For long-term storage, you can freeze homemade cherry pie filling. We like using freezer-safe bags instead of containers, because the filling can be laid flat in the freezer. Before sealing the bag, push out as much air as possible. Thaw the filling overnight in the refrigerator before baking. You can certainly use prepared whipped topping, but making from heavy cream is definitely worth the trouble. Add a little almond extract to the cream and powdered sugar for a delicious pairing to the cherry flavor of the pie. The recipe lends itself well to improvisation – I’ve been thinking of trying this with grape jello and blueberry pie filling next! Ingredients Mix together the beaten egg and water. Set aside one tablespoon of this mixture to use as a glaze. With the motor still running, gradually add the remaining egg and water mixture to the bowl of the food processor a little at a time, until the mixture comes together as a dough.Can you use frozen cherries to make cherry pie filling? Yes, you can use frozen cherries to make cherry pie filling. They typically don’t need to be thawed beforehand, since they will warm up during the cooking process. However, frozen cherries have more moisture than fresh cherries, so you may need to adjust the amount of cornstarch to compensate for the extra liquid. Either way, we generally use sour or tart cherry varieties when making pie filling because they create a pleasantly balanced, but tangy flavor. However, any type of cherry can be used, some may just result in a sweeter flavor profile. How long will homemade cherry pie filling last? Homemade cherry pie filling typically lasts 3 to 5 days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, so put it to use in your favorite cherry pie recipe within a few days of making it. This recipe was not created for canning, so we recommend making an approved canned cherry pie filling recipe for that purpose.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment