276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bob Dylan At Budokan

£4.895£9.79Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Austriancharts.at – Bob Dylan – Bob Dylan At Budokan" (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved March 7, 2021. The audio recording is from two different shows on February 28 and March 1, 1978. Columbia Records released this double LP on August 21, 1978; the original issue was limited to the Japanese market. Later that year, it was released in Australia. On April 23, 1979, spurred by extensive importing and at least one counterfeit European edition, Columbia released the album to worldwide markets. The shows were the fourth and fifth in an eight-show appearance at Nippon Budokan Hall in Tokyo, Japan. Having personally only ‘found’ Dylan a couple of years earlier via the Revue tour, the live album from these shows in its original form was a true revelation to myself as a fledgling fan and I always remember marveling at how the songs had evolved in such a short period of time allowing me to find new strength and meaning in what I was listening to. My view on any new output was not in any way tarnished by a deep-rooted love and admiration for his classic songwriting period in the early 60’s and 70’s, which I was still only just getting to know, and I hungered for anything new from the great man and whatever band he could put together. The original release of At Budokan and then Street Legal therefore became firm favourites and a key part of myself getting to know the man and his music.

Columbia CDCBS 96004 (Australia) - detail of CD1, scan by Stuart Moore (first release - "1-CDCBS-96004" in inner CBS SCBS 2335 (Zimbabwe) - detail of Side 1, scan by Lars M. Banke (variant 1 - same text layout as even later early 1980s copy because it has the same text layout as his listed mid 1980s red CBS label release below.CBS SCBS 2335 (Zimbabwe) - detail of Side 1, scan by Lars M. Banke (variant 1 - "MARKETED AND DISTRIBUTED BY Bob Dylan: Favorite songs from each album of the '70s (WITH VIDEOS)". NJArts.net. 2021-05-08 . Retrieved 2021-06-13. I Don’t Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met) [Live at Nippon Budokan Hall, Tokyo, Japan – March 1, 1978] 4:23 CBS 96004 (NL for East? Germany) - detail of poster scan by Manuel García Jara (both copies - compare with UK release above) Columbia Records and Legacy Recording, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment, will release Bob Dylan – The Complete Budokan 1978 on Friday, November 17.

Bob Dylan shares 'The Man in Me' live in Budokan, 1978". faroutmagazine.co.uk. 2023-09-07 . Retrieved 2023-09-12. The tour launched in February 1978 with eleven historic performances: Dylan’s first-ever concerts in Japan, including eight shows at the revered Nippon Budokan Hall in Tokyo. Two of the Budokan shows — Feb. 28 and March 1, 1978 — were recorded, with 22 performances excerpted from those shows appearing on Bob Dylan At Budokan, a two-LP set first issued on Columbia Records as a Japan-only release in November 1978, followed by a global release in April 1979 in response to widespread demand. The Complete Budokan 1978 marks the first time any of Dylan’s complete performances from his 1978 world tour have been officially available. As for the songs, lets look at the stats. We have 28 songs each night, including an instrumental fanfare of A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall and around five and a half hours of entertainment, which might explain why the band took a short break mid-set each night. Seven songs from 28 February and 15 songs from 1 March were on the original double album. 33 different songs performed overall and 36 songs previously unreleased. Whilst you really should have heard the vast majority of the songs in one form or another over the years, here are some observations on many of the songs and arrangements performed over these two wonderful nights in Tokyo. Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right (Live at Nippon Budokan Hall, Tokyo, Japan – February 28, 1978) 5:08 the booklet as the UK release, but Manuel's copy does not have the poster. The records were pressed in Yugoslavia by Jugoton,According to Tetsuya Shiroki, co-producer of The Complete Budokan 1978, the newly restored, remixed and remastered recordings “capture two days of this history-making tour. Nothing has been removed or altered in any way.” Hans Seegers for information and to Sergio Magnacca and Manuel García Jara for further information and a copy of Bob Dylan At Budokan made in Spain for export to Portugal with "SPA" (Sociedade Portuguesa de Autores ) instead of "SGAE" The rear insert has the date "O-11-21" (21 Nov 1987). The 1987 copy shown is a promo with a promo panel on the rear insert and translated into Spanish and the album bizarrely classified as "POP/COUNTRY". The translations into Spanish are

Simister, Paul (2012-04-11). "Bob Dylan At Budokan 1978". The Best Live & Studio Albums . Retrieved 2023-09-12. A preview of the album, a previously unreleased performance of "The Man In Me" from The Complete Budokan 1978 is available {HERE/LINK}Chief engineer Tom Suzuki says, "We mixed the record with the keyword 'passion' in mind. The result is a mix that surpasses the original 1978 release, providing a crisper and clearer sound where each instrument and Bob Dylan's voice are distinctly audible."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment