276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Altra Torin 4.5 Plush Running Shoes - SS21

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thanks for clearing up the that the Torin 4.0 (non-plush) is gone and only one Torin model exists now, and that’s the Torin 4.5 Plush. UGH! In addition to protective padding, the updated mesh knit is tight enough to keep uncomfortable dirt and debris out, while still allowing airflow for ventilation. Another one of our reviewers has been training in Torin models consistently for years, and loves the feel of the zero-drop profile. The EgoMax midsole is shaped with Altra’s unique FootShape geometry that allows for natural movement of your forefoot as you run, without uncomfortable rubbing or pinching. Whether you have a wider foot or are looking for some room to breathe, the Torin has got it. Just the most comfortable shoes i ever owned. Running several altras now, previously mainly running hoka, saucony and Nike. I love this shoe!

Altra Torin 4.5: A Review : r/RunningShoeGeeks - Reddit Altra Torin 4.5: A Review : r/RunningShoeGeeks - Reddit

ROBBE: The last time I reviewed the Torin was two years ago for the Torin 3.5. There was a great deal I enjoyed about that shoe in regards to performance. Very comfortable, lightweight, enjoyable to run in. Many other running shoes are built on steeper drops, with popular models ranging anywhere from 4 mm to 12 mm. For runners used to those bigger differences between the heel and toe, the Torin 4.5 Plush might take some getting used to since it works different muscles in your feet and legs. One of our reviewers has flat feet and loved the Torin 5 for running, saying she felt supported in all the right places. When I first put the Torin 4.0s on, I immediately noticed that they felt tighter around the mid foot area than pretty much any other Altra shoe I’ve ever worn. Designers focused on plush cushioning throughout the heel collar to create a protected, yet flexible feel where you need it most. A silky smooth fabric covers the whole collar for a chafe-free fit that keeps debris out.

As with any shoe with a mesh upper, the Torin 4.0 isn’t going to keep your feet dry in the rain or while running through a puddle. Light, fast, good ground feel. There’s not much more that I would want in a shoe! In a perfect world. The material holding the tongue down does not cause a problem other than giving the Torin 4.0 a tighter feel when putting the shoe on, but once I start running I don’t notice the material or the tightness at all. Enfin, Natural Ride System (NRS) promet de favoriser une foulée efficace en épousant la morphologie des métatarsiens et en aidant la biomécanique du pied. I have a history of knee problems, but when I ran in the Altra Torin 5 the cushioning more than made up for the zero drop,” says one reviewer. “If anything, it was one of the more engaging runs I’ve been on because I could really pay attention to the way I was landing while running.”

Altra Torin 4.5 Plush Review | Cushioned Zero Drop Road

The comparison of the Altra Torin 4.0 Plush and the Altra Torin 4.5 Plush is nearly identical, but designers did make one noticeable change: a lighter weight. Altra designers built the Torin 5 on a slab of cushy foam with a 0mm profile to offer the most stable, energetic feel on the run.

Altra Torin 4 Intro

There was an overlay around the toe box in the previous version that annoyingly creased. Altra softened that up and made it less pronounced around the pinky toe so there are no issues anymore. Altra designers pulled from the Torin 4.5 Plush construction and beefed up the padding in the Torin 5. Additional cushioning around the heel collar and tongue create a protected feel that doesn’t feel overbearing and makes the Torin 5 a great road-to-trail transition shoe. The Torin 4.5 Plush retains Altra's signature zero mm heel to toe drop, and their wide toe box. Upgrades from the Torin Plush 4 include losing an ounce in weight thanks to a new knit upper, whilst remaining soft and comfortable. Fleet Feet testers love the wide toe box because it’s comfortable for a lot of different foot shapes. The tongue has been toned down and is a good middle ground between being overly padded or a thin nothing. The heel collar is smooth and padded perfectly.

Altra Torin 5 Review | 2021 | Run Moore Altra Torin 5 Review | 2021 | Run Moore

Of course, there’s still plenty of room in the toe box as well, even though Altra has streamlined its profile over the last year or so (thank God). Altra built upon the previous generations of the Torin to deliver a softer ride than ever before while maintaining what runners love about older versions. Fleet Feet runners tested the Altra Torin 4.5 Plush to see how it fits, how it feels and how it compares to the previous model. Here’s what they thought. The 5 weighs about 9 ounces which is really light for a max cushion shoe—especially compared to some of the other stuff we have on the wall in that same max cushion family. It is a little lighter due to the new Ego Max Midsole. Altra’s shoes like the Escalante , the new Lone Peak, and Rivera have a bouncy, lightweight, soft feel due to their Ego Midsole. The Torin 5 will have a midsole similar to what we have seen in those shoes but slightly more elevated. New shoes from Altra coming down the line will include this new Ego Max midsole. Eventually, Altra will have shoes that are just Ego, and then Ego Max. These midsoles will make the price points higher and lower depending on how much the shoe’s ego max has. A Lightweight, Comfortable Distance Shoe The Altra Torin has been one of Altra’s most popular road shoe models over the years, and the Torin 4.0 is the latest iteration.

Believe X Tracksmith Trackhouse Sweatshirt (Unisex)

The first thing reviewers noticed about the Altra Torin 4.5 Plush is its underfoot feel; as the name suggests, it’s plush. Donner, recevoir, partager : ces vertus fondamentales du sportif sont de toutes les modes, de toutes les époques. Elles sont le sport. ” Honestly, my biggest frustration is why in the world would Altra remove the second eyelet which was present in the previous model? Who’s decision was this?! There was a small amount of heel slip which would have been nonexistent. Shop Altra Torin 4.5 – Men Shop Altra Torin 4.5 – Women Altra Torin 4.5 Plush Conclusion

Review Altra Torin 4.5 Plush รีวิวใช้จริง เจ้าแห่งมาราธอน Review Altra Torin 4.5 Plush รีวิวใช้จริง เจ้าแห่งมาราธอน

The main change to the shoe is the upper. It has made the shoes a tad lighter, although not hugely noticeable. The fit of the upper is very different though. Altra shoes have a broad and rounded toe box. This is designed to give your feet the room to function inside the shoes. The space encourages your feet to function. However, when customers are new to the brand this space makes the shoes feel ‘big’, so Altra are trying to still have the room for your feet to function but provide a snugger initial feel for those new to the brand. For this reason, there is less volume in the Torin 4.5 Plush than in the Torin 4 or Torin 4 Plush. For those with the highest volume feet this might make the Torin 4.5 Plush too snug. I don’t have high volume feet so the fit wasn’t an issue for me. The shape and snugger fit is similar to the Timp 2, but as with the Timp 2 once I was running in the shoes there was enough room and I certainly didn’t feel restricted.Topo Magnifly 3: Like Altra Topo shoes have a broad rounded toe box. The Magnifly is zero drop like the Torin 4.5 Plush. However, the ride is much firmer and more responsive. So, if you don’t like running on pillows then the Topo Magnifly 3 would be worth considering. Here is our review: The Quantic midsole is cushy and springy, giving the shoe soft landings and a bouncy ride, and it’s consistently cushioned from heel to toe. The knit upper is comfortable and pliable to give the shoe more flexibility. The Torin 4.5 Plush is a cushioned, zero drop road running shoe designed for everyday use. It is for neutral runners looking for a lightweight but plushly cushioned, responsive ride. Les Altra Torin 4.5 s’adaptent vraiment bien sur des sentiers peu techniques ce qui la rend plutôt polyvalente. Personnellement mes sorties sont souvent sur chemins communaux entrecoupés de petites routes goudronnés, le juste milieu pour ce modèle très souple avec une semelle bien rembourrée.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment