276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Tentown Adventure – A Story about Learning Ten Times Tables (The Numberland Tales - Help with Times Tables and Multiplication for Children Book 3)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One of the most enjoyable parts of my work is seeing the ingenious ways practitioners have applied Ten Town in their own settings. Ten Town gives children a reason why each number is formed in a particular way. King One is in charge of Ten Town, and all the other characters either face towards King One or away from him.

Here are just a few examples and if you decide to join our ever-growing community, please get in touch and let us know about how you use Ten Town in your own school or nursery.Ten Town began when I made up a story about number five and how it looked like a person, called Fiona Five. Children learn a new concept faster if it appeals to their imagination and creates a picture in their minds. When the parents began asking me who Fiona Five was, I knew I was onto something. The best way for children to consolidate their learning is by applying their mathematical knowledge in practical situations. Ten Town offers ideas for 100s of activities that can be used in the classroom and outdoors. These are often only a starting point for practitioners, who adapt the ideas for their own settings or come up with completely new ones. Each child can select their own animal avatar. As a child works their ways around the map they can earn rewards. By completing an activity, they gain a star. When they have finished all the activities for a number, they win a badge. With my pupils’ help, I created the world of Ten Town, with each character having a story that helps children remember how the number is formed as well as understanding its value. Children will love to explore the island of Ten Town, where they will find all their favourite characters alongside their homes.

The key feature of Ten Town is that it gives children a reason why each number is formed in a particular way. King One is in charge of Ten Town, and all the other characters have a reason why they face or away from him. Everything about a Ten Town character relates to their number, so Fiona Five, a Paralympic athlete, eats five portions of fruit and vegetables every day, and Sir Seven, a knight, looks after seven horses. For example, Freddie Four, the explorer, faces away from King One when he goes on adventures to new places. Everything about a Ten Town character relates to their number, so Fiona Five, the Paralympic athlete, eats five portions of fruit and eg every day, and Nina Nine, the builder, has nine tools in her tool box.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment