276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Go With the Flow

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sasha is the new girl at school who meets Abby and her friends when she gets her first period and doesn’t notice, although others do and make fun of her. She reads up on menstruation, blogs about it, meets with the principal, and conducts a letter-writing campaign. I am really interested to know, however, how many tween readers will pick this up and give it a chance. It’s about friendship, menstruation, bullying, frustration with school administration, fighting back, and taking responsibility. Sick of an administration that puts football before female health, the girls confront a world that shrugs - or worse, squirms - at the thought of a menstruation revolution.

The characters in this story each represent a different aspect faced by young girls facing their first period. The Humanities building at my UNIVERSITY only had one machine that ever worked, and it was so old that we used to joke that you needed one of those old timey belts to go with the pad. But with the lack of any and all information, I think updating the one and only book on the shelves to discuss it for so long made sense. I didn’t pay much attention to Time Lord Victorious, the previous cross-platform multimedia event back in 2020, because I find chasing [.

It does give some information about endometriosis [v] (uterine tissue that grow outside the uterus; very painful; > 3 million/year U. She is rescued by a diverse, tight-knit group of friends: independent Christine, activist Abby, and romantic Brit, who is plagued by her own painful periods.

Long story short, it is very difficult not to fall in love with a comic that contains the line, “WALK AWAY! Then came the election of 2016, the rise of the Black Lives Matter movement, the Women’s March, and any number of other factors that suddenly made those old “protest novels” look downright quaint. The back material is what really makes this graphic novel needed in every middle school and high school library.If you're interested in hearing more about my thoughts about this one check out my review: https://youtu. I also really enjoyed all the factual details sprinkled throughout the blog and the notes afterwards. I cannot imagine how painful the sanitary belt with metal clips was for my mom, and it made me grateful for technological advances. I would love to put this graphic novel into the hands of every school principal and every girl in the world, as a start. And… we wrote it for kids, like the little girl in California, who don’t have safe spaces to have these conversations.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment