276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hengyijia 25mm F1.8 (Black) HD.MC Manual Lens for SONY E-mount NEX ILCE Camera

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Color reproduction is definitely different than what I get from my Fuji lenses. Fuji lenses are known for their colors, but even good things get old after a while so I like the different look this lens provides. Photography is not about the thing photographed. It is about how that thing looks photographed. Quote by Garry Winogrand

DoF - well if this really is your critical need - then just get a legacy 50mm F1.8 lens (becomes a 100mm equivalent on an MFT camera) and at 2 meters focus distance the DoF will be only 8cm while the kit zoom at 42mm will have a DoF of 37cm at F5.6 and 2 metres focus point.This section is actually quite lens-agnostic, but I’ll mention it anyway since it’s essentially my first “normal” manual lens.

From what I can see in tests, the Samyang 12 and 21 are the nearest to Fuji standards of sharpness, but they have had reported problems with quality control, and also seem to have focus scale and alignment problems occasionally. But they are reasonably priced It's certainly easier for me to find focus using peaking on my E-M1 as I did in the last group of images I posted, somewhat more difficult using my E-M5 since it doesn't have focus peaking (except a version of it as a workaround if one messes with the art filters which I've tried and it doesn't seem to be very helpful to me). I did try magnification when I used it with my GF1 for several shots a few days ago but the implementation of that particular focus assist on that camera was very unwieldy for me. Latest comments, thoughts and reaction to our recently reviewed Photography Lenses, including the Irix 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 Dragonfly Review.

|One possible explanation is the heavy vignetting at larger apertures which makes metering choose slower shutter speed than expected. Glass Thanks for the review. I was just wondering if this lens would be suitable for digitizing 35mm film negatives with an APS-C camera? The only complaint I have is the focus scale, which is sufficiently at odds with the reality through the EVF to make scale/zone focus a non-starter. The barrel contains feet and metre distance engravings, progressing (in feet) from 0.6, 1, 2, 5, 16 and infinity markings. Subjects at approximately 5ft - pin sharp at f1.8 though the EVF - showed closer to the 16 ft than 5 ft markings, and the void between the two makes hyperfocal shooting a gamble. It's possible, but you'd have to work out your own sweet spot and most users will confirm distance through the viewfinder. I assume the discrepancy is the result of the same lens being produced for a variety of sensor formats.

I also had the 7artisans 25/1.8 for my Sony. I liked the rendering of the 7artisans - more than the 23/2 of the X100S - but it was kind of weird. It had a midfield weakness that got worse as you stopped it down. Wide open for bokeh detail shots, environmental portraits it was great - but it was rubbish for landscapes at f/8, with a sharp center, sharp edges and corners, and a fuzzy midfield donut. MPB puts photo and video kit into more hands, more sustainably. Every month, visual storytellers sell more than 20,000 cameras and lenses to MPB. Choose used and get affordable access to kit that doesn’t cost the earth.

Sell or trade used photo and video kit with MPB

The blue column represents readings from the centre of the picture frame at the various apertures and the green is from the edges.

Mine arrived yesterday. Initial dinking around shows solid performance. I'll be trying it out at a concert tonight. I'll post results tomorrow. Short pressing the rear wheel zooms into the center of the picture to fine tune the focus — this is one single most important feature for precise manual focusing.

Fujifilm Fujinon 23mm f/1.4 R LM WR MTF Charts

It is now firmly established that Fujifilm produces excellent cameras and lenses, with a character of their own. The range continues to adapt and develop and here we have the XF 23mm f/1.4 R LM WR lens, another compact prime with the added benefit of weather resistance. On the APS-C crop format common to all Fujifilm X series lenses, the 23mm equates to a "35mm-equivalent" of 35mm, in other words, the classic wide standard lens and indeed one of the main, classic street photography lenses. Armed with the new lens and the 26MP Fujifilm X-S10 body, we were ready for the rain, but in the event, the sun shone. Let's see how the lens handled and also how it performed in the technical tests. Do you just need an old 50mm F1.7 or 1.8 then? No, the 50-56mm equivalent view of the 7-artisans or a legacy 28mm gives a more neutral geometry to pictures - one more advantage to your creative range. With all that said, manual focusing is quite enjoyable. As I understand this is a big difference compared to the first generation where the focusing ring placement made manual focusing awkward.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment