276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SIFU: Vengeance Edition (PS5)

£22.495£44.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sifu launched this past February on PlayStation and PC and quickly built up a passionate core following due to its hard-hitting action and interesting core 'ageing' mechanic. The bad camera, bland story and characters, and superfluous investigative elements received some criticism.

Sifu (video game) - Wikipedia Sifu (video game) - Wikipedia

Once you get the hang of things, there's nothing like it; the satisfaction gained from finally toppling a boss that’s been destroying you for ages makes all the blood, sweat, and tears worth it. Another perfect note is the visuals, not only is it extremly stylized but all 5 levels have such a unique aesthetic to them. Also, stuff like dodges that leave you open in the last frames or having to hold a button to beat on a downed enemy (when it works) are terrible design options in the sense that they bring neither realism nor spectacle to the mix. Just like with movies, I'd rather have my challenges in the form of slower logic puzzles and figuring out a story, and action games rather mindless, good looking, but with a decent story as a bonus. Many adults have grown up with gaming, and as such games geared towards those adults so be on the tougher side because their gaming skills have built up over decades.The title’s aging mechanic means that multiple deaths in quick succession can propel you towards a game over very, very quickly. Walk down the path of vengeance and hone your mastery of Kung-Fu through visceral hand-to-hand combat, death and revival, and perseverance! Everyone will have their own definitions, and their own expectations from a review, but to me a spoiler is a spoiler, whether it's about something that happens at the beginning, middle, or end. From the punishingly difficult combat that takes hours to learn and tens of hours to master, to the need to repeat and near-perfect levels to lower your starting age, this fighter can be an absolute slog. A grindy, repeatative, short game, with critical issues at release, some of which made the game unplayable like sometimes not even launching.

SIFU - Vengeance Edition - PlayStation 5 - EB Games Australia SIFU - Vengeance Edition - PlayStation 5 - EB Games Australia

Lights and heavys can be chained into their own specific combos, as well as specific directional inputs combined with your buttons for certain moves.Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. The combination of visual and audio effects gives every hit a meaty feel, that really nails that visceral experience of watching the best kind of action movie. Presumably there is a scene in the early stages of this game that the developers have built up to, written, drawn, and perhaps animated or voiced, that irrevocably loses something, from the player's perspective, if they already knew it was coming.

Sifu Review (Switch) | Nintendo Life Sifu Review (Switch) | Nintendo Life

Also, I remember one game in particular where I hated it on "standard" difficulty, loved it on easy, and then moved on to complete it on hard with no deaths after a couple of playthroughs, just because of how much I loved it and how I got naturally better at the game and everything else about it was great (Chronos: Before the Ashes). The controls feel so good and responsive, you have so many utility moves that vary your combat, unique move sets for weapons and the expertly designed boss fights makes this game a must play. Sifu tasks you with making your way through five stages to defeat those involved and eventually find Yang.The game is developed by Sloclap, who previously released their debut fighting game Absolver in 2017. Once you reach your next decade, you lose access to a set of unlockable abilities for that run (barring the ones you’ve already unlocked, of course). The gameplay is extremely refined, but Sifu's narrative just feels unfinished as a whole, and could have been the difference from Sifu being a lot more than what it is.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment