276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Highams Weighted Blanket 8kg for Adults Therapy Anxiety Calming Sleep Effect Quilted Glass Beads, Double King Size - 150 x 200cm

£16.995£33.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This lovely weighted blanket from Aeyla is made with anti-rustle glass quartz pellets, padded in polyester with a 100% cotton outer shell, and also includes a cosy, reversible cover. Another weighted blanket with a luxury soft cover, this design from Rocabi comes in three different weights: 15lbs, 25lbs and 30lbs. With a weight range from 1.3 kg to 3.1 kg, the blanket keeps kids snug and supported which promotes restful sleep. The revolutionary “Deep Touch Pressure Simulation” therapy will give you a sense of relaxation as soon as you step into bed.

Highams Weighted Comfortable Soft Heavy Quilted Pockets Highams Weighted Comfortable Soft Heavy Quilted Pockets

Weighted blankets were originally created for medical use," says Dr Nauf AlBendar. "They are typically one of the sensory tools commonly used in psychiatric units and occupational therapy to help comfort restless individuals." We liked: I loved this blanket. It was a little lighter than some of those I’ve tried, but still heavy enough to stop me tossing and turning in bed, so I sleep really deeply when I use it. The cover is removable but there are enough ties inside to keep it secure, so it’s easy to move. Even better, unlike the John Lewis one, which can only be spot cleaned, I can throw this one’s cover in the wash to refresh it if I ever need to. It’s pretty self-explanatory. A weighted blanket is like a regular blanket, except they have glass (or sometimes plastic) beads stitched inside to give them added weight when you pull it around you. The more beads inside, the heavier they are. Research suggests a target of 7% to 12% of your body weight," says Dr AlBendar, and the brands’ blanket recommendations generally keep to these guidelines, give or take a few kgs.

How much are weighted blankets?

We didn’t like: There wasn’t much to dislike, although I’d prefer a choice of colours. It’s also on the pricey side, but I felt that it it’s worth it. Recommended.

best weighted blankets | The Sun UK | The Sun 13 best weighted blankets | The Sun UK | The Sun

Remy is the go-to brand for weighted blankets, with special designs for sleep, sofa cuddles and kids, too. Includes: 1 x teddy fleece weighted blanket in eco-friendly carry case. Perfect for adult anxiety or stress relief, insomnia, restless leg syndrome (RLS) and autismSo, keeping these weight guidelines in mind, we tried out the most-hyped weighted blankets on the market. Here’s the lowdown on what we thought. Size: 125 x 150 cm in 4kg weight (8.8lb) - ideal for child on single size bed, or for use on a sofa, couch or settee. Perfect as a lap blanket too. Medical experts suggest a blanket between 7-12% of your body weight This one from Kudd.ly uses HydraCool technology to regulate body temperature and ensure you don't overheat. It's filled with lead-free glass microbeads and is responsibly produced - this company is big on ethics and sustainability. Considering we slept next to what we can only assume was the world's lightest sleeper, we were particularly excited to test the Simba Orbit blanket.

Highams Weighted Blanket Quilted Grey, 150 x 200 cm - 8kg

We didn’t like: It’s not machine washable and is only available in grey. Also, while this isn’t really the blanket’s fault, I tried the 4.5kg option and, frankly, it wasn’t heavy enough. Sizing-wise it’s ideal for a single bed or to snuggle under on the sofa. What is the best weighted blanket? When buying partner items like this one, your contract of sale will be with our Range Plus Partner instead of us. The adorable Sivio Cotton Weighted Blanket will keep the youngest ones cosy and calm during the entire night. Made of hypoallergenic and soft materials, it will be gentle on your children’s skin, so you won’t have to worry even if your child has sensitive skin. Pros

As our best overall weighted blanket, we recommend the Simba Orbit Weighted Blanket – a breathable and soft weighted blanket that boasts an innovative nano technology to relax your body and mind. Those who’d like to splurge on a weighted blanket should consider the Relixiy Luxury Weighted Blanket, while those on a budget will find the Brentfords Weighted Blanket perfectly adequate. This luxury weighted blanket from Baloo is a good choice for anyone with skin sensitivities or allergies as it's made from an Oeko-Tex breathable cotton that's chemical-free and machine-washable. This weighted blanket contains glass beads whose function is to regulate the temperature during the night, even on the hottest and most humid of days. The glass beads are distributed across seven layers, which wrap around your body perfectly. Weighted blankets are known for relaxing the mind and body, and the Rosmarus Weighted Blanket is no exception. The controlled weight will help you feel more secure, chasing off any unwanted anxious thoughts.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment