276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Ashley Book of Knots

£27.5£55.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I can't find it there now, but i remembered it and thought i would list it here for anyone interested. His ruling passions were marine painting and knot-tying, on which he was one of the world's leading authorities.

Clifford Warren Ashley - Wikipedia Clifford Warren Ashley - Wikipedia

Both these interests kept him close to the open sea, and when he wasn't trading knot knowledge with sailors, his easel was set up on wharves, decks, or shorelines. Web icon An illustration of a computer application window Wayback Machine Texts icon An illustration of an open book. First published in 1944, and reprinted many times since then, the latest reissue of this magnificent book contains, for the first time, fully illustrated details of all minor amendments and corrections that have come to light over the years. However, many critical factors cannot be controlled, including: the choice of materials; the age, size, and condition of ropes; and the accuracy with which these descriptions have been followed. After school he attended the Eric Pape Art School in Boston and in the summer of 1901 he studied under George Noyes in Annisquam, Massachusetts.This item is printed on demand - it takes 3-4 days longer - Neuware -What else needs to be said about knots Almost 650 pages of incredible knowledge, presented in a truzly unique manner. Before I was finished, I had a piece of parachute cord in my hand trying to learn the knots as I was going along.

The Ashley Book of Knots by Clifford W. Ashley | Goodreads

Knot tying is probably in no danger of disappearing, but certainly fewer people are learning to tie them. On a gray day when I'm in no mood for much I can open ABoK to an arbitrary page and feel myself decompress as I browse. Pyle helped secure commissions for his students, and Ashley's early work included book frontispieces and illustrations for magazines such as The Delineator, Leslies, McClure's, and Success. In 1935 Cyrus Day, a knot author and correspondent of Ashley's, cited the series of six articles in his own work as, ".Established in 1998, BoatSafe is your independent guide into the world of boating, fishing, and watersports. What it does not have is information about modern synthetic ropes and specialized knots that have been developed for them. Although the drawings are clean and simple, I am especially thick-headed when it comes to knots, which is why I am reading this book.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment