276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Queen Elizabeth (88) (Little People, BIG DREAMS)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’m a huge fan of the Little People Big Dreams series of books. I’ve built up quite a collection for the kids and I love how empowering they all are. As the government’s national archive for England, Wales and the United Kingdom, The National Archives hold over 1,000 years of the nation’s records for everyone to discover and use. Informative and fun way for the younger generation to remember England's longest-reigning monarch who recently passed away. She had a long and interested life and will be studies by historians for centuries. I know it's an upbeat children's book, but I think you still have to be careful about being overly optimistic about what was colonization. Other than that, I adore this series! Little People, BIG DREAMS first came to life because author Maria Isabel had an idea—an idea that blossomed into a dream that came to life in a book series! As a former teacher, I immediately latched onto the possibilities for discussion of a various things that the book might promote. For instance, is being a queen as fairy tale wonderful as it sounds? What did she have to give up to fill the role of queen? What would you be willing to give up to reach your goals? How is someone prepared for such a role as they grow up? How would you feel knowing your every word, action, appearance, and even wardrobe (right down to the purse she carried) will be analyzed and reported on endlessly? How much freedom and power does a modern queen have anyway? How is it possible there have been more than one Queen Elizabeth in history? On a personal note, to instill interest in history, one might venture into creating family trees. Discovering you have royal bloodlines, however minute, is a way to make history personal and more interesting than a recitation of mere facts. And....so much more.

A children's book about a real character should meet two criteria - be readable and without nonsense. This latest addition to the Little People, Big Dreams series fully fulfils it. Queen Elizabeth is written by the creator of this edition Maria Isabel Sánchez Vegara and is accompanied by charming pictures by Melissa Lee Johnson.

At the beginning the series was first published in Spain as Pequeña & GRANDE by Alba Editorial, and now Little People, BIG DREAMS is translated into more than thirty-three languages. Maria Isabel likes to think the success of the series relies on the fact that children love to read real stories about other children and people’s experiences, lives and journeys. It gives them the strength and the courage to believe in themselves and dream BIG. As The Independent once said: “What a cool way to drift off to sleep.” This book gave a good overview of the Queens life. It ends at her Platinum Jubilee, so no need to be worried about any sad parts.

I absolutely love the Little People, Big Dreams Series by Maria Isabel Sanchez Vegara. I think her books are wonderful for children and expand each’s vision of life’s possibilities. Yet, her books are not just for children, I always love reading them as an adult. Every time I read about a person, I learn something new. I love this book and the entire series consisting of 110 wonderful books for readers ages 4-7. Queen Elizabeth ll was a much beloved queen whose reign lasted 70 years. She was Britain's longest-reigning monarch. She became queen when she was young and took her title and duties very seriously. She was not the typical queen or princess found in fairytales but had to give up many desires and personal aspirations to serve her subjects. She pledged to dedicate her whole life, however long it would be, for the good of others and she faithfully fulfilled that vow. The author’s focus on two major events in young Elizabeth’s life, highlight moments which changed her life forever. This is a good opportunity to spend time with children discussing what happens when events, out of our control, occur and cause our journey to take a different direction. I read this with my niece and nephew, and we talked about how our attitude can make all the difference in the world. The first lesson Elizabeth learned was that “a good queen serves her people, not the other way around.’ This shaped her destiny and contributed to her incredible legacy as the longest serving British monarch.In this book from the critically acclaimed Little People, BIG DREAMS series, discover the life of Queen Elizabeth II, the longest-reigning monarch of modern times. Little Elizabeth loved dogs and horses and dreamt of living on a farm. But, one day, she heard chants on the streets. I had requested this edition even before her passing away. Her commitment, dedication and discipline to the role that was put upon her from such a young age was admirable. I feel a bit sad that we won’t see any real life Queen anymore for a while (not in my lifetime).

Usual UK delivery timescale (excluding custom prints) is between 5 and 7 working days from the date of dispatch. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery. For custom print delivery pricing and timescales see below. When she was only 13, World War Two broke out across the globe. Elizabeth bravely served as an ambulance driver, and after the war ended, she fell in love with and married the charming Prince Philip. In 1952, she was crowned Queen of the United Kingdom, and for the next 70 years she would serve as a beacon of continuity, looking after her subjects and serving the country she reigned over. I hope you found this complete list of Little People Big Dreams books helpful. I’ll update this post as and when more books are released. Enjoy! My daughter is 5 and she did a song and dance at school for the Queen's Jubilee in June this year and has asked me a lot about the Queen lately following her funeral on 19th September which has also sadly coincided with the passing of her grandad so we have been able to use this book to talk about the positives too. Each book provides an age-appropriate overview of the lives of pioneering figures, from designers and artists to scientists and activists.She was never really seen as a future Queen but her uncle’s abdication threw her into being a future heir to the throne. The only thing is I wish it had included some more about what the Queen did during her reign. It seemed to glaze over that part for me.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment