276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Fine Art of Invisible Detection: The thrilling BBC Between the Covers Book Club pick

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Buy this book from Bookshop.org or hive.co.uk to support The Reading Agency and local bookshops at no additional cost to you. The Vanishing Half is an utterly mesmerising novel. It seduces with its literary flair, surprises with its breath-taking plot twists, delights with its psychological insights, and challenges us to consider the corrupting consequences of racism on different communities and individual lives. I absolutely loved this book.” Bernardine Evaristo, winner of the Booker Prize the plot unwinds with a deceptively light touch that does not falter ... genuinely entertaining [with an] explosive finale Evening Standard Umiko Wada, PA detektif Kodaka. Suaminya mati selepas 12 tahun koma dek serangan gas sarin di Tokyo. Menerima tugas bahaya, Wada terima panggilan bosnya mati dilanggar lari. Dia segera terbang London untuk mencari jawapan, atau melarikan diri? Siapa kawan, siapa lawan?

Banyak konflik & watak yang saling bersilang. Pembaca perlu peka supaya sentiasa tahu apa yang berlaku, siapa yang terlibat, berlaku di mana? A pulse-pounding, breathless crime thriller, perfect for fans of Anthony Horowitz's Hawthorne series, Robert Galbraith's Cormoran Strike series and LJ Ross's Alexander Gregory thrillers. Robert Goddard bijak membina situasi tak senang duduk. Situasi do or die yang membuatkan pembaca sama-sama merasai ketegangan dilema yang dihadapi watak-watak novel.

Dessau, Bruce (16 March 2021). "News: Comedians Get Between The Covers For New BBC Book Show". Beyond The Joke.

The Fine Art of Invisible Detection by Robert Goddard". NB. 19 March 2021 . Retrieved 28 June 2021.

The ending is so good! All the questions have been answered with the final revelation. If you love reading about corruptions, fraud and secrets, this book is for you. It would be wrong to call this a fast paced novel but it certainly is not slow and the skillful switching between scenarios and characters ensures you wont get bored while you start to appreciate a well constructed plot piece by piece.

Their latest case, though, needs her active involvement. Mimori Takenaga and her mother are convinced that her father, Shitaro Masafumi was murdered, forty-two years earlier, when he was on vacation in London. While ruled a suicide, his family suspect a young student interpreter calling himself Peter Evans. A much-delayed response to a newspaper appeal featuring a blurry photo of the young man sees Umiko flying to London to meet, posing as Mimori, one Martin Caldwell. He's the high priest of plot ... deftly woven, but also beautifully written ... I loved it' Mel Giedroyc I dont know if Goddard has changed publisher but the cover of this one is of a different mould completely. Why this one should tempt me when none of the previous ones have, I dont know. However, I am very pleased that it did. Darvill, Josh (15 June 2021). "Between The Covers 2021 line up of guests and books featured in series 2". tellymix.He's the high priest of plot ... deftly woven, but also beautifully written ... I loved it'Mel Giedroyc

This is a complex thriller with several well-developed characters, some interesting plot twists, and plenty of action. Will Wada find the answers she is seeking? A dramatic, tense climax on a beach in Cornwall brings much of the story to a conclusion. But Wada has a taste for investigating now, and there are a couple of loose ends… This article about a thriller novel of the 2020s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.Are you reading The Vanishing Half? The Women’s Prize for Fiction has a discussion guide that you can use with your reading group. The Fine Art of Invisible Detection by Robert Goddard Another thrilling adventure by one of my favourite writers. This one is set in Tokyo, Reykjavik, Cambridge and London and introduces the marvellous Umiko Wada, assistant to a Tokyo based private detective, who becomes embroiled in a complex mystery which she has to sort out when her boss is tragically killed.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment