276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Edible and Medicinal Wild Plants of Britain and Ireland: A Foraging and Photographic Identification Guide

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’ve read many foraging books that have provided comprehensive pictures so that seems a bit of a cop out to me, not even illustrations so at least we could get the gist of what it kind of looks like and then if we do want to attempt finding it in the wild we could reference his guide? I have enjoyed Edible and Medicinal Wild Plants of Britain and Ireland, even as a reader who lives in the Southern Appalachians.

Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. Never rely on one source for plant identification, and never eat anything unless you are 100% sure it is edible.This is a book about plants (some very familiar, some quite rare), which you can eat, but without any illustrations it loses all its value. Read more about the condition New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages. Hedgerows are a great place to find most of these plants, but do look around in woods and fields as many grow there too.

I love ebook versions of these sort of things because I can check them on the kindle app on my phone when I'm out and about. It just kinda falls flat in the reading experience if you can’t visualise what he is talking about, also not everyone has access and means to be able to download a guide, many households do not have internet access nor computers or laptops to download guides too. He wrote the book to help us rediscover our forgotten plant heritage and how to use wild plants as food and medicine. Please allow up to 10 working days for 2nd class mail to arrive, instead of the usual 3-5 days that we all used to be accustomed to. It comes with a free downloadable PDF photo identification guide that includes multiple full-colour photographs of each plant to help make identification easy.Alongside a growing want to try and use natural, rather than synthetic, methods to provide medicinal remedies and a general desire from a lot of us to get back to mature this book has come along at a great time. Edible and Medicinal Wild Plants of Britain and Ireland | Covering 48 wild edible and medicinal plants, I have written this book to help you rediscover our forgotten plant heritage. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.

In only a few weeks this exceptional book has helped increase my knowledge of and awareness of, the wild larder that is always within our grasp. However, the fact there were no images or illustrations really ruined it for me - it was hard to immerse myself in the book when I had to google every plant to see what it looked like.The author has spent fifteen years experimenting and learning about wild plants and how our ancestors used plants to nourish and heal themselves. Tell us why you liked or disliked the book; using examples and comparisons is a great way to do this. As the opportunity to use what nature has provided, and to encourage more plants in our own back gradens that can be used for a range of purposes – rather than purely to look nice – foraging has become cool!

Instead, you can download the accompanying PDF photo identification guide that includes multiple full-colour photographs of each plant to help make identification easy. The nail file was perfectly described, however only gave 4 stars as the listing says 'in aluminium case' and mine is in an 'eco storage case' (i. My book is considered an invaluable addition to any forager, herbalist, gardener, horticulturist or naturalist’s library. He has travelled extensively documenting and recording the traditional and local uses of wild food plants in indigenous cultures, and his work has taken him to Africa, India, SE Asia, Europe and the USA.minute review of Robin Harford’s lovely new book on The Edible and Medicinal plants of Britain and Ireland.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment