276°
Posted 20 hours ago

VO5 Nourishing Coconut Hot Oil 4x15ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But since we're talking about both your hair and your scalp, you shouldn't only be concerned about potentially damaging your hair. If you have any skin condition, such as psoriasis or eczema, ask your doctor or dermatologist if a hot oil treatment is safe to use on your scalp. Although hot oil treatments use plant-based ingredients, that doesn’t mean they’re safe for everyone. "It is still possible to have an adverse reaction to the oil, especially if you have sensitive skin," says Dr. Green. "To reduce the risk of a reaction, look for oils that aren’t combined with synthetic ingredients and are 100 percent natural." As you can probably tell I really enjoy these vintage cosmetic commercials. This one is particularly meaningful to me since I had the privilege of working on VO5 Hot Oil. Even though it has been around since the 1970s the technology still fascinates me and it’s unlike anything else I’ve ever seen. How does VO5 Hot Oil work?

You'll need to pay careful attention to the temperature of your oil. Dr. Green says before you use a hot oil treatment, make sure it’s right for your hair type and that you understand the safety risks. Because the oil usually needs to be heated, you do run the risk of burning yourself if you don’t let it cool down enough before applying it to your hair and scalp. Once you think it might be cool enough to use, Dr. Green says to first test the temperature by applying a small amount of the oil to your wrist before spreading it all over. As you can probably tell, we’re big fans of hot oil treatments, but if you’re not persuaded just yet, we’ve put together a list of how they can help to improve your hair’s condition, whatever your unique hair type or need. Read on to find out all of the ways you could benefit from using hot oils in your routine. Give your mane the TLC it needs with a hot oil treatment for hair. Credit: indigitalimages.com 1. It Nourishes and Moisturises

Using a Hot Oil Treatment

Before you get started, decide on the type of hot oil you want to use. Some popular options include olive, almond, and jojoba oils, as well as coconut, avocado, and argan oils. Once you have found the oil you want to use, follow these steps for a DIY hot oil treatment. Salt (sodium chloride)– You’ll find salt in some of VO5’s shampoos, which can make them super drying to the hair. If you’re unsure whether a hot oil treatment is safe for you, try doing a patch test a few days before using the product. To do a patch test, simply apply a small amount of the oil (unheated) to the inside of your elbow.

And if you have color-treated hair, using hot oil treatments and deep conditioning treatments once a week can help restore your hair's health and shine. All hair types can benefit from hot oil treatments, but Dr. Green says they're particularly great for protecting and hydrating the brittle strands of those with dry and damaged hair. Do hot oil hair treatments help with hair growth?Soy Milk Proteins –Soy milk proteins can protect your hair from breakage and thinning. Soy milk restores the strength and hydration that hair loses over time through styling and washing. VO5 uses soy milk protein in all its shampoos and conditioners within the Moisturizing Milks collection. In summary, we do not recommend that you add VO5 products to your hair care product collection. They are more likely to do more harm to your hair than good because they are loaded with ingredients that can cause damage. Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Conditioner– This clarifying conditioner contains the five essential vitamins and the five oil blend. It also has lemongrass extract, which strengthens hair follicles to prevent hair loss. Formulated without parabens or silicones, it also prevents build-up that causes dryness. Up to you! Dr. Green says hot oil treatments can be applied to both clean and dry or damp hair, and hair experts swear by it both ways. Experiment with different techniques and see which one works best for you. Can I leave hot oil treatments in my hair overnight? Natural hair gurus often associate the quality of a hair product brand with the ingredients they use. For this reason, many naturals meticulously study hair product ingredient lists before deciding if a product is right for them.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment