276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wahl Professional 8685 Peanut Classic Clipper/trimmer - US 110 VOLT - TRANSFORMER REQUIRED FOR INTERNATIONAL USE

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The simplest but most important thing you can do is just wipe off the hair from the blade with an old toothbrush. Do this before and after every haircut so there is no hair left sitting on the blade. The hair is acidic and will make the blade dull over time. This Wahl trimmer’s 4″ body might be slightly “slippery” for people with bigger palms. In this case you might consider a more standard Wahl clipper like the cordless Magic Clip. The quiet operation will keep kids from getting spooked. They may not even realize there is a clipper right by their ears until you start the haircut. Please note that despite it having a decently powerful motor, this clipper is not recommended for heavy-duty work. Kind of noisy to operate, as it has a higher pitch noise with this small powerful motor than larger conventional clippers.

Yes, they are major downsides, but they aren’t too big to warrant this impressive trimmer’s dismissal. I personally wouldn’t use it as a primary clipper, as it is limited in some ways. Yes, you can do a whole haircut with one, but if you’re a barber, then time is money. It is small so it takes longer to do a haircut. It’s because these are just a few things that contribute to the cutter’s comfort, usability, flexibility, and durability.

Doesn’t come with any type of case to store the small parts or clippers. There is a storage kit available see down below Wahl Peanut Accessories for a storage or travel case. If you are used to using a cordless trimmer the cord can be cumbersome and get in the way. Worthy of noting. Powerful!!! For such a small and compact clipper it sure is powerful and hums right along with anything that is thrown at it. For some cutting length diversity, you will receive 4 Wahl guards (from 1/8″ to 1/2″ in size.) You’ll also fetch a red blade guard, Wahl cleaning brush, clipper oil and the instructions for the Peanut clipper. The small size of the Peanut makes it ideal for using as a trimmer, whether we are talking about it for beard or for your hairline.

This is powerful despite its very small size. It will not bog down at all no matter how much hair you throw at it. The cord is long enough and I never found myself wanting a longer cord. In this section, we will cross-examine the Wahl Peanut and see how it fares in regards to features and functionality… Comes with a Powerful Rotary Motor for Its SizeAnd of course, the 7-feet-long power cord should be just enough to maneuver the clipper with ease when shaving your head, chest, arm, and leg at home. Unfortunately, the Peanut just doesn’t make the cut as an A-list, professional barber clipper. For a clipper to be recommended for heavy-duty work, it has to have; The smaller blade allows you to trim facial hair more precisely than the standard larger blade would allow you. And if that’s not good enough, the trimmer’s tininess (4” in length) means that it can comfortably fit into any hand size. And that makes it a great hair clipper for cutting kids’ hair or barbers with small hands. Other Cool Features

If you want to leave the beard longer than that, you’ll have to do a clipper over comb technique. This just means you take as much hair in the comb as you want to cut and then slide the blade over it. Do this all around the beard. Then pop on a guard to trim down the beard to the length you like. It comes with four different plastic comb guards which with the longest leaving your beard ½ an inch and the shortest leaving it ⅛ of an inch. I like to use a can of compressed air to blow the hair out from the crannies where the brush can’t reach. This comes with only 4 different guide combs which is fine but would like to see some other sizes as well or some kind of adjustability in adjusting the trim length. Without a guard the Peanut can be used as an edger around the beard. Just settle on a spot where you want the edge of the beard and then point the blade perpendicular to the skin. Basically, it can be used at a 90° angle for this. Go around the whole perimeter of the beard.

In fact, you can even use it as a balding clipper without much hassle. Just keep in mind that the Peanut, as most standard clippers and trimmers, is limited in this. It won’t cut as close as a razor. You will still have some stubble left. Note that blades molded with ceramic, titanium, or chrome are stronger, stay sharper longer, and do not heat up. For professional barbers who do close to 15 haircuts in a day, the fast-heating stainless steel blades in the Peanut may pose some inconveniences, right? Also, please remember that, despite the fact that you’ve never had a problem with your Wahl Peanut, there are some customers who’ll experience pulling and snagging. The Peanut makes it so easy for anyone to maintain a neat and well-kept haircut with sharp and crisp hairlines.

Usually, professional Wahl Clippers tend to be rather bulky. For me, this is fine. I really like my clipper feeling solid while I’m cutting my hair. Other people prefer more compact choices. Wahl Peanut caters exactly to such tastes with its delicate, elegant twist. It’s a handy clipper that can also be easily used as a hair trimmer. Blade length is only 1 1/4″ inches wide which is quite small compared to other clippers. This smaller size is a real disadvantage when cutting hair when compared to wider clippers as it will take longer with a smaller blade. But in my honest opinion, it should only be used for trimming or as a hair clipper for kids and toddlers: because the Peanut doesn’t really live up to the standards of a professional hair clipper for barbers.When it comes to hair trimming, the Peanut guarantees crisp, sharp, and easy trims and hairline designs to ensure you get the perfect finish.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment