276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Close: The exciting new detective crime thriller you won’t be able to put down! (Maeve Kerrigan, Book 10)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Pros: solid suspense and sexual tension (this is a rare time where I don't mind it), decent writing, the cases were quite juicy but I was really just here for Kerrwent, some good jokey jokes As they try to gather the evidence they need, they have no idea of the true threat they face – because someone in Jellicoe Close has murder on their mind...

Really well done. Having loved all the previous ones,I was a bit wary of the premise here (I don´t read romance, and too many series are ruined by being more romance than crime) but I was pleasantly surprised.

DS Maeve Kerr and DI Josh Derwent go undercover as a couple to get to the bottom of a missing person's case.

Casey excels at showing how a detective’s stresses and anxieties are rooted in more than just their work.’ Linwood Barclay, no. 1 Sunday Times bestselling author I really enjoyed the characters in The Close. Maeve has suffered a recent traumatic event and, although she keeps telling everyone she is fine, she definitely isn't operating with her normal flair and passion.With a searching, mordant, sensitive, occasionally outraged eye for social status and human error, a fearless heart and a finely honed sense of the ridiculous, Maeve Kerrigan is such a winning character. It is a testament to Jane Casey’s great subtlety and skill as a novelist that she makes us care quite so much about her.’ Irish Times As deeply satisfying yet intensely moreish as all its predecessors - I devoured, I loved it, I want the next one ASAP, please' This is the first Jane Casey book I've read and see there are many more of this series prior to this one. I will be going to find them as I enjoyed this book. It was not a problem reading it stand alone but did give me the inclination to read ones in the past but mostly to watch for the future ones as I want to see how DS Maeve and DI Josh’s relationship develops. The story is mostly about an undercover sting they partake in. It takes place in a close-knit but nosey neighborhood. Posing as a young in-love couple they must find out if a sweet old lady is really a cold-hearted abuser of challenged individuals. While working they must pretend to become friends with the very interactive neighbors. However, there is a very sinister person amount them whom no one knows about and who is possibly a murderer. DISCLOSURE: Thank you to Harper Collins UK, Harper Fiction, via Netgalley for providing a digital ARC of The Close by Jane Casey for review. All opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own personal opinions. The Close is a book that will leave you pondering the complex nature of human relationships and the extent to which people will go to protect their secrets. This novel enthralls with its exploration of the dark underbelly of seemingly ordinary lives. The plot twists and turns, taking unexpected detours that keep you guessing until the very end.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment